Taberlay & Pendrel win Pro XC Tour #3
- by Christopher Jones
- Published: 3 June 2009
Sid Taberlay (AUS/Sho-air Specialized) outsprinted Jeremy Horban-Kobelski (Boulder, Colo./Subaru-Gary Fisher) to take the victory at the third event on the USA Cycling Pro Cross Country Tour presented by Sho-air (Pro XCT) by a two seconds.
In the women’s event, Catherine Pendrel (CAN/Luna) out dueled her Luna Chix teammate, Georgia Gould (Fort Collins, Colo./Luna) to win the Bump and Grind Pro XCT women’s event near Birmingham, Alabama.
With three of seven events complete, ProXCT leaders Gould and Max Plaxton (Sho Air-Specialized) retained their overall standings.
Men’s Individual Standings
1. Max Plaxton (CAN/Sho-air-Specialized) 285
2. Sid Taberlay (AUS/Sho-air-Specialized) 280
2. Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski (Boulder, Colo./Subaru-Gary Fisher) 280
4. Todd Wells (Durango, Colo./Specialized Factory Racing) 225
5. Sam Schultz (Missoula, Mont./Subaru-Gary Fisher) 200
Women’s Individual Standings
1. Georgia Gould (Fort Collins, Colo./Luna) 305
2. Catherine Pendrel (CAN/Luna) 295
3. Kelli Emmett (Colorado Springs, Colo./Giant) 245
4. Heather Irmiger (Boulder, Colo./Subaru-Gary Fisher) 240
5. Pua Sawicki (Yucapia, Calif./Ellsworth) 235
Photo: Joe Cotlin/Bump and Grind