RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride November 2010
- by Christopher Jones
- Published: 15 July 2010
The 2010 RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride will be a touring cyclist’s delight – winding its way from the Murray River through the Goulburn Valley and into Marysville. “This is a great bike ride with a diverse combination of lakes, rivers, scenic roads and stunning mountain ranges”, Leah Chesney, Bicycle Victoria’s Event Manager
With only 5,000 tickets available for the event, she anticipates the ride to sell out again this year and be a hot item for thousands of cyclists joining the ride from 27 November to 5 December 2010.
“The event is a chance to slow down, discover some of the area’s best kept secrets as well as having a holiday with a sense of adventure,” says Leah Chesney.
Organised by Bicycle Victoria, the 590 kilometre cycling holiday will feature some of the well known and hidden secrets of the region including the Strathbogie Ranges, Goulburn Valley, Nagambie, Eildon, top Victorian wineries, thoroughbred studs and orchards. The ride starts on the Murray in Yarrawonga and includes overnight stops for Dookie, Euroa, Murchison, Nagambie (2 nights), Seymour, Yea and Eildon with a finish in Marysville.
- A 590 km cycling holiday over nine days.
- Average day’s cycling of 70km, suitable for first-time cycling tourers.
- The ride will feature some of the well known and hidden secrets of the region including the Strathbogie Ranges, Goulburn Valley, Nagambie, Eildon, top Victorian wineries, thoroughbred studs and orchards.
- The ride starts on the Murray in Yarrawonga and includes overnight stops for Dookie, Euroa, Murchison, Nagambie (2 nights), Seymour, Yea and Eildon with a finish in Marysville.
- The ride is a fully catered, tent-based holiday. There is extensive back up including luggage transport, a licensed cafe under canvas, massage, full medical team, and bicycle repair facilities.
- If you don’t want to ride then come along and join the 500 volunteers.
The Entry fee is $795 for adults, $595 for children 13 – 17, $295 for children 6 – 12, and free for five and under. It is the best value cycling holiday in the world.
- Enter by 30 July save $100.
The RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride is as social as you want to make it. From the communal meal times to enjoying a drink and entertainment in Caf? de Canvas, there are plenty of opportunities to catch up with new and old friends along the way.
Want to take time out alone? There is plenty of time to escape and go for a bush walk, hang out in one of the local cafes or wineries or hang back from the crowds and drift along.
The ride is organised by Bicycle Victoria and for ore information visit www.greatvic.com.au or call 1800 616 600