You gotta hate that

For Roadies

You gotta hate that

Postby sandman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:43 pm

Well they say its racing......

Sitting in with B grade tonight at the Regatta (yeah I was lazy), looks like we caught D grade as they were about to hit the sprint, some D grade numbnut decides that keeping a line is not important and decides to swing right across the front of me and hit my front wheel, I'm thinking... oh $hit I'm going over the bars. His quick release catches one of the Roval Spokes and twang.....not good..race over for the Specialized :-(

Managed to work out how to get the broken spoke out of the Roval Star Hub Assy..looks like I might get another one done too as its got a nick across the face of it. They call it racing....I'm taking my bike pump next time to start smacking people that get too close :-)

Pete
sandman

by BNA » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:06 pm

BNA

Postby Parrott » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:06 pm

Bugger, did you hit the deck? Maybe save the pump for this blokes spokes when next you meet.....only joking of course,
Parrott

Postby zozza » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Hope you let him know he F/U :evil: , otherwise he's probably oblivious, sucks that you had to pull out. Had a really good time tonite.
zozza

Postby sandman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:52 pm

Yeah Zozz, it was good racing.. yeah before you came over I had a serious go at the guy... said "I've only raced 6 times".. said I dont give a $hit, you dont cut across someone elses line...effing tard...
sandman

Postby ni78ck » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:55 am

i guess thats the risk involved with riding in races.

i ride on my own and it still can be eventful :lol:
Cervelo R5
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2
ni78ck

Postby Spiza » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:14 am

You didn't look too happy last night Pete :x :x :x The guy didn't seem to give a crap. Did he even apologise?
I'm glad to hear that the spokes can be replaced. I'd hate to think how much a replacement wheel would be worth.
Spiza

Postby sandman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Hey Spizzzzz

Yeah sorry I was mighty pissed to say the least.. anyway took down to Jeff today, just going to replace the one spoke and hopefully pull the buckle out. Real weird nipples on them, suspect he might have to hassle the Specialized rep for a tool to get in there to tighten the sucker up.

Lifecycles did offer a spare wheel but I declined, will HTFU and spend some quality time on the "Brick" :-)

Cya tonight hopefully
sandman

Postby Bnej » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Roval wheels require a skinny hex socket and removal of tyre & rim tape to be trued due to their specialized hidden nipple technology.

Theoretical benefits being better distribution of force to the rim.

Practical upshot being a pain in the ass. ;)

Just like Shimano's "true it from the hub" game.
Bnej

Return to Road Biking