Polar CS300 - cadence sensor ????

For Roadies

Polar CS300 - cadence sensor ????

Postby purplegolden » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:50 am

Hi

does anyone else have one of these? If so, do you know if the cadence sensor for the CS100 and 200 will work with the 300?

Also, are the sensors easy to move from bike to bike or am I better off getting one for each bike? I have a wind trainer that I want to use the sensor on. I could probably figure it out if I looked at it, but I'm feeling lazy!
purplegolden

by BNA » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:37 am

BNA

Postby purplegolden » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:37 am

Hi

am able to answer this question now - in case anyone has the same problem. The CS cadence and speed sensors for the 100 & 200 work with the 300.
purplegolden

Postby europa » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:45 am

And you wouldn't go moving the sensor's from one bike to another. You don't have to buy a new computer for everybike and while I don't know about the CS300, the CS200 does allow you to specify which bike you're riding. So just buy the one computer and fit sensors to each of the others.

I don't use my good bike on the wind trainer - I screw my hybrid onto it and have fitted the hybrid out with a cheap UnionXR computer - this gives HR and cadence. It's a horrible computer but is dirt cheap and the bike doesn't get a lot of use on the road now (just rides with my daughter behind on her tag-along). Just another way of getting around the same problem.

Richard
europa

Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby purplegolden » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:04 pm

Thanks Richard

at $100 per sensor, I think I'll invest in a cheap computer. And I seem to have wrecked my good bike by riding on the wind trainer so good advice to anyone else - don't use your good bike on a wind trainer!
purplegolden

Return to Road Biking