First Win

User avatar
DrEvil123
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:08 am

Postby DrEvil123 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:30 pm

Does your computer log max speed too? I am guessing that Olympic Park peaks higher?

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 16676
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:00 pm

DrEvil123 wrote:Does your computer log max speed too? I am guessing that Olympic Park peaks higher?


I ride technology naked

Burn plenty of Glycogen
Frame Size Calculator..... Park Tools Repair Guides Frame Size Calculator..... Rolling Resistance..... Rolling Performance
Image ImageImage
training log
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

User avatar
DrEvil123
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:08 am

Postby DrEvil123 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:03 am

mikesbytes wrote:
DrEvil123 wrote:Does your computer log max speed too? I am guessing that Olympic Park peaks higher?


I ride technology naked


:twisted:

I like numbers haha

User avatar
sogood
Posts: 17152
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU
Contact:

Postby sogood » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:21 am

mikesbytes wrote:I ride technology naked

But you guesstimate your numbers in your log. :shock:
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 16676
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:01 am

sogood wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:I ride technology naked

But you guesstimate your numbers in your log. :shock:


I get data off others and I look at their speedo's
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

User avatar
europa
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:48 am

mikesbytes wrote:
sogood wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:I ride technology naked

But you guesstimate your numbers in your log. :shock:


I get data off others and I look at their speedo's


And makes the rest up as needed :roll:

Richard

User avatar
sogood
Posts: 17152
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU
Contact:

Postby sogood » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:55 am

mikesbytes wrote:I get data off others and I look at their speedo's

That's a good weight weenie strategy. It should be listed. Just don't read off others' HR and PM readings though. :wink:
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 16676
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:05 pm

sogood wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:I get data off others and I look at their speedo's

That's a good weight weenie strategy. It should be listed. Just don't read off others' HR and PM readings though. :wink:


For HR, I work on the concept -> Are my legs r****d ?
Yes - hang in there
No - pedal harder

Burn plenty of Glycogen
Frame Size Calculator..... Park Tools Repair Guides Frame Size Calculator..... Rolling Resistance..... Rolling Performance
Image ImageImage
training log
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

User avatar
sogood
Posts: 17152
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU
Contact:

Postby sogood » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:36 pm

mikesbytes wrote:For HR, I work on the concept -> Are my legs r****d ?
Yes - hang in there
No - pedal harder

Ok, another unspoken weight weenies strategy. That's a whooping saving of at least 200g in weight compared with HRM, 400g compared with a PM.

Impressive! No wonder you climb well. :shock:
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 16676
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:08 pm

sogood wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:For HR, I work on the concept -> Are my legs r****d ?
Yes - hang in there
No - pedal harder

Ok, another unspoken weight weenies strategy. That's a whooping saving of at least 200g in weight compared with HRM, 400g compared with a PM.

Impressive! No wonder you climb well. :shock:


Aerodynamics, all those bits and pieces are dragging in the wind.

Burn plenty of Glycogen
Frame Size Calculator..... Park Tools Repair Guides Frame Size Calculator..... Rolling Resistance..... Rolling Performance
Image ImageImage
training log
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 28093
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:49 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Aerodynamics, all those bits and pieces are dragging in the wind.


If you shaved your legs there'd be enough trade off to run a computer...and mudguards :twisted:

User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 16676
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney
Contact:

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:38 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:Aerodynamics, all those bits and pieces are dragging in the wind.


If you shaved your legs there'd be enough trade off to run a computer...and mudguards :twisted:


True

Burn plenty of Glycogen
Frame Size Calculator..... Park Tools Repair Guides Frame Size Calculator..... Rolling Resistance..... Rolling Performance
Image ImageImage
training log
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

User avatar
DrEvil123
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:08 am

Postby DrEvil123 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:47 am

http://video.cyclingnews.com/2007/apr07 ... baix07.php

A short video clip (1-2mins) of highlights if anyone is interested :)
Anthony.

User avatar
Mr888
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Glenwood to Sydney CBD

Postby Mr888 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:42 pm

DrEvil123 wrote:http://video.cyclingnews.com/2007/apr07/parisroubaix/parisroubaix07.php

A short video clip (1-2mins) of highlights if anyone is interested :)


That just makes me want to screem...

AUSSIE! AUSSIE!! AUSSIE!!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users