Tour of August

Kev365428

Re: Tour of August

Postby Kev365428 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:27 am

leximack wrote:Fun day, anymore of these this yr?
No more organised hillclimbs, but just give us a call Don, and I'll meet ya there for a little pain-time. :lol:

Kev.

brendancg

Postby brendancg » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:12 pm

I missed out on this day due to City to Surf but I am keen to ride the hill as well. Do you mind if I tag along one day? Keen to experience a serious hurting climb outside my current comfort zone.
Yesterday was an easy day.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Spiza wrote:Looks like you were hurting a little Chuck :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look at my hands, in a futile search for a lower gear :oops:

How easy does Don look like he's doing it :shock: Have a crack next time Donny and I'm sure you'll smash the 12" mark :P
FPR Ragamuffin

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:32 pm

brendancg wrote:I missed out on this day due to City to Surf but I am keen to ride the hill as well. Do you mind if I tag along one day? Keen to experience a serious hurting climb outside my current comfort zone.
OBR is in your backyard, I think you'll handle Razorback. I'm sure the guys would be happy to have you along :)
FPR Ragamuffin

BadBlood

Postby BadBlood » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:38 pm

How did you go Chuck?

I broke a spoke with 16kms to go and had to retire :x
But tomorrow is another day :)
Todd
viva la bianchi

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Todd, I saw you had a mechanical ?? today at Horsley Park. How's the bike ? will you be racing in the morning ?

They may have fixed up some of the roads but Horsley is still a dangerous place to race IMHO. The last right hander leading into the final straight is diabolical with all the loose gravel. There was a number of overruns (into the trees :shock: ) and at least one crash that I know of on that corner.
FPR Ragamuffin

BadBlood

Postby BadBlood » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Yeah that corner is a nightmare. One guy in B grade made a breakaway, only to slip in the gravel and come down, he had blood all over him :?

I'll be there tomorrow.
Todd
viva la bianchi

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:46 pm

BadBlood wrote:How did you go Chuck?

I broke a spoke with 16kms to go and had to retire :x
But tomorrow is another day :)
Finished with the bunch. The finish was a farce with a car in the middle of the road at the intersection 100mtrs from the finish. Everyone on the anchors to try and avoid it and the bunch just rolled over the line at about 15 clicks. An anticlimax after an hour+ of racing. Still a good day, feeling better and better now :D
FPR Ragamuffin

zozza

Postby zozza » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Bad luck with all the dramas today at Horsley Park :|

Hope yaz have a better day tomorrow at Regatta boys :)

brendancg

Postby brendancg » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:31 pm

Chuck wrote:
OBR is in your backyard, I think you'll handle Razorback. I'm sure the guys would be happy to have you along
Thanks, it is good to know. OBR is only 9 odd minutes of pain though, Razorback is nearly 1 1/2 times that. Testing, I look forward to the opportunity though.
Yesterday was an easy day.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:24 pm

Nice riding out at the regatta today Lou. The fili connection really came through :lol: 1st and 3rd.

Action packed again with a huge spill on the last lap which split our bunch. You guys were very attentive (Paul Sherwins favorite word :lol: ) staying near the front of the group the whole race. Good, smart racing, well done mate.
FPR Ragamuffin

leximack

Postby leximack » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Chuck wrote:Nice riding out at the regatta today Lou. The fili connection really came through :lol: 1st and 3rd.

Action packed again with a huge spill on the last lap which split our bunch. You guys were very attentive (Paul Sherwins favorite word :lol: ) staying near the front of the group the whole race. Good, smart racing, well done mate.
:lol: :lol: i told you mtbing was safer then a bunch sprint at the Regatta.
We had a few stacks today, all self inflicted :lol:
Spizza popping a wheelie whilst clipped in and not landing well was my favourite.
Luckily mtbers are tough and the bikes are tougher :lol:

How did you go Chucky?

Don

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Chuck wrote:Nice riding out at the regatta today Lou. The fili connection really came through :lol: 1st and 3rd.

Just luck...the guy that fell down was 2 bikes ahead of me....needed to do some double jump impromptu cyclo cross on the grass...painful fall, i feel sorry for the guy.

what can you say about us passing B grade on the last lap....first time I needed to shout "D Grade" ....just too tight i reckon.... :(
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=33 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:55 pm

leximack wrote:

:lol: :lol: i told you mtbing was safer then a bunch sprint at the Regatta.
We had a few stacks today, all self inflicted :lol:
Spizza popping a wheelie whilst clipped in and not landing well was my favourite.
Luckily mtbers are tough and the bikes are tougher :lol:

How did you go Chucky?

Don

popping a wheelie? awesome!!!
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=33 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:09 pm

Somebody had to provide the entertainment :lol:

zozza

Postby zozza » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:42 pm

Spiza wrote:Somebody had to provide the entertainment :lol:
Onya mate, always thinking of the others :D

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:22 pm

leximack wrote:
How did you go Chucky?
No good :( had fun though :D
FPR Ragamuffin

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Was almost going to head outh to Penrith for that race, but I can still recall quite vividly the last time I was there - One rider came down in fromt of me in the final sprint, and only by an Act Of God I somehow managed to miss him.

What is it with that circut, that so many stack happen on the final sprint?
I mean, the track is wide, flat and smooth, yet there always sems to be something that happens there in a lot of races.

Unlucky Chucky that you didn't go better.

Doing the interclub on Saturday?

Kev.

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Kev365428 wrote:Was almost going to head outh to Penrith for that race, but I can still recall quite vividly the last time I was there - One rider came down in fromt of me in the final sprint, and only by an Act Of God I somehow managed to miss him.

I mean, the track is wide, flat and smooth, yet there always sems to be something that happens there in a lot of races.

Kev.
Kev where is the interclub? any chance its on arvo?

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Landsdowne I reckon is just as bad. Regatta is not too bad its just that special races like this there are too many riders....when there are 40+ riders in the group and there are five groups all riding at different speeds...the congestion when a higher grade catches up is really bar2bar! :(

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Kev365428 wrote:Was almost going to head outh to Penrith for that race, but I can still recall quite vividly the last time I was there - One rider came down in fromt of me in the final sprint, and only by an Act Of God I somehow managed to miss him.

Kev.
The crash was quite spectacular Kev. We were running the reverse way to normal and on our last lap we caught B grade, they didn't go any faster so the front of our group started to ride through B grade. Not pointing fingers or saying who's right or wrong that's just how it happened.

This was all happening on the back straight. At one of the small bridges a guy from B and a guy from D came together (feel free to correct me Lou, you were a little closer) and the guy from B hit the railing and him/bike went flying, literally, onto the grass while the guy from D lay spralled across the middle of the road. How know one else came down or ran the guy over I don't know, there were cyclists going every which way.

Re the interclub, really wanted to do this one mate. Onfortunately when I put it to the better half she said she was going out with her cousin that arvo/evening
so I didn't end up registering.
FPR Ragamuffin

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:34 pm

aeroslavebigbelly wrote:Landsdowne I reckon is just as bad. Regatta is not too bad its just that special races like this there are too many riders....when there are 40+ riders in the group and there are five groups all riding at different speeds...the congestion when a higher grade catches up is really bar2bar! :(
i dont think any place is particularly worse than others, when multiple groups converge at the saem time expecially on the last lap or 2 there is going to be trouble

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Kev365428 wrote:
leximack wrote:Fun day, anymore of these this yr?
No more organised hillclimbs, but just give us a call Don, and I'll meet ya there for a little pain-time. :lol:

Kev.
thanks Kev, when the next few mtb races get out of the way i will give you a buzz.
I want to crack 12mins

Don

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Chuck wrote:

Kev.
The crash was quite spectacular Kev. We were running the reverse way to normal and on our last lap we caught B grade, they didn't go any faster so the front of our group started to ride through B grade. Not pointing fingers or saying who's right or wrong that's just how it happened.

This was all happening on the back straight. At one of the small bridges a guy from B and a guy from D came together (feel free to correct me Lou, you were a little closer) and the guy from B hit the railing and him/bike went flying, literally, onto the grass while the guy from D lay spralled across the middle of the road. How know one else came down or ran the guy over I don't know, there were cyclists going every which way.

Re the interclub, really wanted to do this one mate. Onfortunately when I put it to the better half she said she was going out with her cousin that arvo/evening
so I didn't end up registering.

Not sure who clipped who but your observation seems like what happened two grades converging and not enough pavement :( . B grade overtook us which is whats expected...however we were also on our last lap so yeah...confusion everywhere....

zozza

Postby zozza » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:49 am

Good going to stay upright guys :)

Need not put yourselves at risk though, :?

Bump up a grade, its a lil smoother and more predictable in c grade :roll:

zozza :D