Racing License

For Roadies

Racing License

Postby Toolish » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:47 pm

I have been looking at beginning racing. I have joined the local club although I have not yet met any other members properly, don't worry I plan to do that soon.

I have been doing some initial investigation into racing and was told I have to get a licence from cycling australia to do so. I statred that process online and I can't work out what category I fit.

I looked at this PDF

http://www.cycling.org.au/site/cycling/ ... gories.pdf

Given I was born in 1981 I am just a standard mens member from what I can see. Once I started the application process on the website I got to a screen with member options as listed nothing seems to match a non-masters, non-junior male member wanting to race, or am I missing something?

Elite - $165.00
Jun Boy Under 13 - $33.00
Jun Girl Under 13 - $33.00
Jun Men Under 15 - $77.00
Jun Men Under 17 - $77.00
Jun Men Under 19 - $132.00
Jun Under 11 - $33.00
Jun Under 9 - $33.00
Jun Women Under 15 - $77.00
Jun Women Under 17 - $77.00
Jun Women Under 19 - $132.00
KIDZ - $5.00
Men Masters Div 1 - $132.00
Men Masters Div 2 - $132.00
Men Masters Div 3 - $132.00
Men Masters Div 4 - $132.00
Men Masters Div 5 - $132.00
Men Masters Div 6 - $132.00
Men Masters Div 7 - $132.00
Men Masters Div 8 - $77.00
Men Masters Div 9 - $77.00
Ride Junior U19 - $44.00
Ride Senior - $66.00
Sport Licence - $110.00
Women Masters Div 1 - $132.00
Women Masters Div 2 - $132.00
Women Masters Div 3 - $132.00
Women Masters Div 4 - $132.00
Women Masters Div 5 - $132.00
Women Masters Div 6 - $132.00
Women Masters Div 7 - $132.00
Women Masters Div 8 - $77.00
Image
User avatar
Toolish
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Mildura, Victoria

by BNA » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:49 pm

BNA
 

Re: Racing License

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Elite
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14538
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Re: Racing License

Postby Toolish » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:59 pm

Ahhh, ok. Thought that might be it.

Just didn't think it fit given how far from elite I am!!
Image
User avatar
Toolish
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Mildura, Victoria

Re: Racing License

Postby brendancg » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:25 pm

I don't think your masters. Masters starts at 30 from what I believe. My advice, ring them up or contact your member officer at the club.
Yesterday was an easy day.
brendancg
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Penrith Australia

Re: Racing License

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Toolish wrote:Ahhh, ok. Thought that might be it.

Just didn't think it fit given how far from elite I am!!


Elite just means that your too old for under23 and too young for masters
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14538
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Re: Racing License

Postby philip » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Also note that the licence will expire at the end of the year. From what I've heard if you wait until October you can buy one that will last till the end of next year (I think around $240 for the 12+3 months) which is much better value.
User avatar
philip
 
Posts: 1601
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:57 pm
Location: Lane Cove, Sydney

Re: Racing License

Postby ft_critical » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:38 pm

My six month racing licence arrived yesterday. Now, where shall I use it?

Hope I don't get dropped. Or crash.
User avatar
ft_critical
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:06 pm
Location: Slowing and Fattening :-)

Re: Racing License

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:22 am

Nothing like being positive Ft. :lol:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image
User avatar
foo on patrol
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Racing License

Postby Yongkun » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:04 am

ft_critical wrote:My six month racing licence arrived yesterday. Now, where shall I use it?

Hope I don't get dropped. Or crash.


How do you sign up for the half year license, all i see is full year license at their page? :|
Yongkun
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:39 am

Re: Racing License

Postby Seventeen » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:10 am

Give them a call, they are super friendly and helpful at the CA office!
Seventeen
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:00 am

Re: Racing License

Postby jacks1071 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:15 pm

Toolish wrote:I have been looking at beginning racing. I have joined the local club although I have not yet met any other members properly, don't worry I plan to do that soon.

I have been doing some initial investigation into racing and was told I have to get a licence from cycling australia to do so. I statred that process online and I can't work out what category I fit.


Talk to your club and they'll set you straight. My club lets new riders buy up to 3x day licences per year and the club subsidises the cost of those day licences, so a new rider can come and race 3 times before having to fork out big dollars for a full licence.
Our Website is: http://www.pro-liteoz.com Find us on Facebook by searching for "Pro-Lite Australia"
User avatar
jacks1071
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Mackay, QLD

Re: Racing License

Postby turbus » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:33 pm

I was born 81 and was given the option of elite or masters1 when renewing my liscense this year
User avatar
turbus
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:58 am
Location: Wauchope

Re: Racing License

Postby alchemist » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:07 pm

philip wrote:Also note that the licence will expire at the end of the year. From what I've heard if you wait until October you can buy one that will last till the end of next year (I think around $240 for the 12+3 months) which is much better value.


Not if he wants to race this weekend.
alchemist
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:59 pm

Re: Racing License

Postby philip » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:07 pm

alchemist wrote:
philip wrote:Also note that the licence will expire at the end of the year. From what I've heard if you wait until October you can buy one that will last till the end of next year (I think around $240 for the 12+3 months) which is much better value.


Not if he wants to race this weekend.


Seeing as I wrote that in 2009 I don't think I was thinking about this weekend.
User avatar
philip
 
Posts: 1601
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:57 pm
Location: Lane Cove, Sydney


Return to Road Biking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dalai47, Tim



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist