mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: EON - goes racing.....

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:07 pm

aeroslavebigbelly wrote:Hmmm C grade (57 riders) at 37kph
B grade at 37.8kph. (41 riders)
A grade at 40.88kph (40+? riders)

Looks like Ehly is right...B and C closer than B and A....
E grade 30.7 kph
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:34 am

mikesbytes wrote:

E grade 30.7 kph

my apologies. it was just a smile. Renshaw at E grade?
Last edited by aeroslave on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=33 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

aeroslavebigbelly wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:

E grade 30.7 kph

:D
Don't laugh Renshaw was racing in E grade

eon

Postby eon » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:33 pm

missed it by that much.... :D

my last race was Southern Hemisphere cup ( about 3months ago -- i really need to join more races )...
so i thought i'd use up the licence one last time.

Race was Tempo cup at eastern creek. Forgot my damn computer. was so annoyed.

Was feeling good and the FPRs turned up in numbers. Zozza, Luis and Shaun was there in the mix.
Go signal went and 2 guys sprinted of the line.. Say What an attack on the get go... Eventually caught them at the end of the first lap. I was in the top 10 spots at the beginning but got spat out the back very quickly. Everyone just seems to be fighting for position early in the race. After a few laps I decided to go look for Zozza and just stay with him.

A few more attacks but none sticking. Without my computer I kept asking people beside me - how long has it been.. :x
I bluffed to breakaway, and very quickly heard pps shouting to go chase.. lol.. I wasnt going very far.. lol

Waiting for a wistle - but none came up.. no Prime in this race.. Sorry Luis.

Was chatting with Shaun - and he seemed to have a mechanical issue with his front wheel. He pulled over at the start line.. I'm thinking he's gone... 2 laps later - I hear someone behind "Hows it going ?" lol - :shock: he chased the pack after fixing up his front wheel. "Freak" =) lol...

On the last lap there was a slight break away. Shaun was chasing and I was behind him. I took a short turn to chase, and give Shaun a break just before the bell. Last lap

Was glad Shaun got back in the race as the plan was to stick to him till the sprint, which we did right up to 500meters to go, when Shaun said "I'm gone"... it was me and him at the front and there was no way i could sprint for 500mteres.. but what to do ?????? I started the sprint but then hesitated and waited until they get closer to my tail, then kick again. At this point the chasers were carying a fair bit more speed and my second kick didnt have enough to make up the speed difference. So i got caught and got swamped instead. Top 10 out of the 52 riders isn't too bad. :D

Kept kicking myself after the race and should have just HTFU and went balls out from 500meters. ... lol :lol: prob still die and get cramps with 200 to go... lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still had a blast - need to do a fair bit more racing in 2011...

Next time.. :D

Have a good/safe holidays pps !!!!!!!

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:09 pm

He who hesitates looses Eon. :wink:

Once you commit to a sprint, you are better off just giving it your all. :idea:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Loosenutt

Postby Loosenutt » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Well done Ehly. No wonder you were racing up those hills on the Single Speed last week :!:
I hope there are wheels to suck in Brisbane :P

eon

Postby eon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:09 pm

foo on patrol wrote:He who hesitates looses Eon. :wink:
Once you commit to a sprint, you are better off just giving it your all. :idea:
i was kicking myself after that race.... we learn from mistakes hey.. :D
last time i went all out from the top of the bend, i got caught about 20meters to the line and came second. this time i started and had flashbacks of that past race and hesitated - and i came out worse. :? :lol: :lol: :lol: it was good fun anyways...
Loosenutt wrote:Well done Ehly. No wonder you were racing up those hills on the Single Speed last week :!:
Hey Ryan - SS wasn't quite enough... i think the killer pack pack needs to come back on... :lol: ....... after the holidays.... lol...

eon

Postby eon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:47 pm

Ok better late than never...

First race for 2011 at EC raceway on Sunday 23/01. Was feeling good hanging to get out there, this time I didnt forget my computer... lol. :lol:

Nothing really exciting the first couple of laps but by about the fourth or fifth lap the pace picked up ??? no breakaways to chase ?? what the.... then it quickly died.

One or two riders tried a breakaway but none suceeded. In B grade I think there needs to be atleast 6-8 guys willing to nail it for a breakaway to stick. In future if i see one form, i'll qucikly jump and join them. Id like to give a breakaway a go.

I aimed to go for the PRIME on this race.. but after a few laps it was my turn to take the front so i did.. and when we got to the straight I heard the wistle. dammit, it was wrong timing to be doing work at the front. I tried to contest the PRIME but legs didnt have it and needed some recovery, but took note on who won it.. Saw Luis in the mix for the PRIME but the guy that won it had too much of a jump...

Pace died down after the prime, there was a few attacks but again none got away. Tried to chase one breakway only to die out after the straight. Then someone else took over...

I noticed on rider with a black and orange giant just kept attacking, fall back and attack again. Hats off to you mate... unlike another rider ( not gonna mention their club jersey ) that everytime there is an attack at the front, guys would take turns to chase but hed signal to go pass him... huh ??? I cant talk as i'm not spending shitloads of time at the front, but when its my turn I'll put in my share and chase and not signal to go pass... :x

Final Lap came and there was 3 guys at the front - pretty much the same guys that went for the prime. I was 5th or 6th wheel and I was going to keep that spot no matter what..... Last corner came and I was on PRIME-winner wheel. He jumped and i missed it and lost it.. DAMIT !!!!!!! 300 to go and i was still 5th wheel and i decided to go.. #1 guy was too far but managed to pass the other 3 to contest 2nd place :D .. Then a rider from the left came flying down about 50meter prior to the line... oh man !!!!!!! :x :evil:

Got 3d in the end, so that would do... :)

Was a good tough race. Not a bad start for the year..

Burt 'Pigeon Racer' Jones

Postby Burt 'Pigeon Racer' Jones » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:24 pm

eon wrote:Pace died down after the prime
And that's the best time to attack.

Make sure you organise some of the stronger riders to come with you, and you'll take all of the firepower out of the main group.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Not a bad start to the year for you Eon? :wink:

I am going to ask a dumb question here! What the hell is it with signaling to go through for a turn? :?

When I was racing, you just pulled across so that the next rider would flow through, and if he didn't, I just sat up and said get stuffed. :wink:

So long as you are doing 40-50mtrs at a time, then that's a turn and if you can give them stick after the sprint, that's even better. :) (but only if you have the legs though)
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

eon

Postby eon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 pm

Burt 'Pigeon Racer' Jones wrote:
eon wrote:Pace died down after the prime
And that's the best time to attack.

Make sure you organise some of the stronger riders to come with you, and you'll take all of the firepower out of the main group.
i'd very much like to give that a go.... i don't care if i get spent and don't place, as long as i'm part of the breakaway that stayed away. I havent seen one stick in B in EC raceway to date. :D
foo on patrol wrote:I am going to ask a dumb question here! What the hell is it with signaling to go through for a turn?
i have no idea, if the guy didnt want to take a turn then pull aside and move out of the way of the paceline...

signaling to make everyone go around is a bit of a pain in the @rse...
foo on patrol wrote:Not a bad start to the year for you Eon?
thanks mate - next race prob in 2 months... lol :lol: :lol: i really need to get out more often....

rogan

Postby rogan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:42 am

eon said:

i don't care if i get spent and don't place, as long as i'm part of the breakaway that stayed away. I havent seen one stick in B in EC raceway to date
I have met a guy who reckons he got away with 1.5-2 laps and held on for a win in Waratah Bs, some time in 2010. Dunno when that was, but he was a strong rider, FWIW. I'm with you, I've never seen it happen. I've tried it myself (well, with one or two others), and no matter how much you commit, the bunch can always track you down, down that finish straight.

BHreaks almost always do happen in A Grade, although that is probably indicative of a bigger range of abilities than you get in Bs.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:20 pm

I've never got a breakaway off the ground in Waratah vets B. Does seem a particularly hard grade to do a breakaway from.

EON, you must be getting close to moving to A grade?

eon

Postby eon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:59 pm

rogan wrote:FWIW. I'm with you, I've never seen it happen. I've tried it myself (well, with one or two others), and no matter how much you commit, the bunch can always track you down, down that finish straight.
I say lets give it a crack... aeroslavebigbelly have messaged me saying hes in for it.
We could prob convince pakman too ? There was another fellow I was talking to after the race - i think hes name was Brett - am sure hell be keen to give it a go. We just need a few more and its on .... :)
take off after the prime as per Bert suggestion and ride like theres no tomorrow... :D

I know we're all in different clubs but i dont really care about the placing, I want to be part of a group that stayed away in B... lol.. 8)

mikesbytes wrote:EON, you must be getting close to moving to A grade?
Could be but not sure if i'm up for it yet. To be honest - i'm in no rush. I clocked 8900kms and thats including the 12 races I managed to join in 2010, thats it - due to personal and work commitments. :( :x

Whereas some pps i know would race atleast 2 times a week and train almost daily atleast doubling my km count ( stronger riders than I am but are midpack in A ). I would need to really ramp up my training to hold on to or be anywhere near competetive in A.. I'll get there in due time... :D

plus I really want to try this breakaway..... :lol:

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:43 pm

eon wrote:[
I say lets give it a crack...
I want to be part of a group that stayed away in B... lol.. 8)
plus I really want to try this breakaway..... :lol:
Tell you what Ehly, since you're so keen on getting involved in a breakaway, give me the word the morning you're not using those sprinter legs of yours and I'll borrow them, sure could do with a pair :lol:
FPR Jubilado Bludger

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm in

When?

eon

Postby eon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:53 pm

mikesbytes wrote:I'm in

When?
How about this sunday (AT) the enduro ??? I would prefer to try it at ECraceway and normal 70minute format.
But I go overseas next week and no training for 3 weeks, would take me another 3-4 weeks after that to build up fitness again..

Unless you guys can wait till March sometime .. lol..

Will PM you guys to keep the tactics just between us... :lol: lol

NotFlyingScot wrote:Tell you what Ehly, since you're so keen on getting involved in a breakaway, give me the word the morning you're not using those sprinter legs of yours and I'll borrow them, sure could do with a pair
Hey Sandy - I'm taking a break for 3 weeks.. no riding.. You can have em then and keep em warm till i get back... :D

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm

March is the various NSW Masters track championships, so this Sunday is better for some

eon

Postby eon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:41 pm

mikesbytes wrote:March is the various NSW Masters track championships, so this Sunday is better for some
this sunday it is then.. =) have sent a couple of emails out :D
if you know anyone else, just copy them into the email hey ..

this is gonna be fun !!!!!!!!!

gauchoracer

Postby gauchoracer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Whats that saying, age and tretchery will win out over youth and exuberance everytime... :D :D :wink: :D :D 8)
I now have to get up early enough on Sunday to watch...
"Muuwhhaahaaaahaaa...!!!..." Insert Wringing hands emoticon here...
I doubt the spelling is correct, but I think you get the idea...
Max...
Rule No 1: Have Fun.
07 Avanti Blade Comp.
08 Teschner Piuma SL.
10 Norco Storm MTB.

donncha

Postby donncha » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:20 pm

eon wrote:this sunday it is then.. =) have sent a couple of emails out :D
if you know anyone else, just copy them into the email hey ..
You know the breakaway planners should be a subset of the peloton, right :P :P

ruscook

Postby ruscook » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Where is this sunday's race and what time? If I can get my sorry ass out of bed in time would be good to watch...
GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad

eon

Postby eon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:14 pm

donncha wrote:You know the breakaway planners should be a subset of the peloton, right :P :P
so u comin ? :D just pm me your email and will add you to the discussion.. =) lol
ruscook wrote:Where is this sunday's race and what time? If I can get my sorry ass out of bed in time would be good to watch...
8am at the Dragway Russ... Enduro format so its going to be loads of pain...
plenty of time to get out of bed.

ruscook

Postby ruscook » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:26 pm

eon wrote:
donncha wrote:You know the breakaway planners should be a subset of the peloton, right :P :P
so u comin ? :D just pm me your email and will add you to the discussion.. =) lol
ruscook wrote:Where is this sunday's race and what time? If I can get my sorry ass out of bed in time would be good to watch...
8am at the Dragway Russ... Enduro format so its going to be loads of pain...
plenty of time to get out of bed.
hmmm.. thanks Ehli, if I can get up early enough to do a run I'll try and end up at the Dragwya for a look see.

Good luck
GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:52 am

Just looked at the results 8)

You are a weapon mate, congrats :D

Can't wait for the RR :idea:
FPR Ragamuffin