Le tour de Hipster

Chaderotti

Le tour de Hipster

Postby Chaderotti » Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 pm

Don't expect this to be updated often. I'll also fit in my slow transformation into a hipster.
Other members here have their own thread dedicated to their own races so why can't I join in? ;D So far I got 1 and 1/3 races under my belt so I think I'm pretty damn experienced.
First road race was a couple weeks back on some course hosted by Peel Districs Cycling Club. I raced in C grade for a total of 55 km at 32 km/h. About 15 riders I think so it was pretty easy to draft.
Each lap (5) I tried to remember the course so I could plan my attack for the final sprint. I misjudged the 'end' and attacked about 2 km from the finish line. Needless to say I placed first with toasty warm quads.
Cue Action shot:

Next race was the Peel Junior Tour on a Sunday. Wasn't look forward to it, school stopped me from training so I only had a couple of days to train. The events for the day was a 3.5 km prologue, 17 km TT and a 55 km road race. I tried to recreate the prologue friday night and only average 36 km/h.
Saturday rolled around and I felt horrible, I tried getting out and could only manage 20 km. Got home and passed out on my bed. I went to a sat night partay, got home at about 10;30 and couldn't sleep until 11:30-12:00. I then woke up sunday morning at 5:30 not feeling in tip top condition.
Fast Forwarding to the prologue, there were some bloody hills mixed in, and hills are an absolute killer for me. I placed dead last of about 12-14 riders and felt like chucking. I had to pull out of the event entirely. Got home and passed out yet again on my bed.
Cue Action shots:
Me keeping trying to keep last nights dinner down with my 'sponsor'
Looking cool with my team mate
Trying not to spew up all over my dad
Lime green and blue baby, lime green and blue.

First month into transformation as hipster, I look quite formal
Princess
Mistress = Pinarello Opera, Ultegra SL
Mistress #2 = Drag Bluebird

Marty Moose

Re: Le tour de Hipster

Postby Marty Moose » Wed May 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Opps asked a question you answered in your blurb sorry ;) Well done on your win :mrgreen:

Colin_T

Re: Le tour de Hipster

Postby Colin_T » Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 am

Chaderotti wrote: Next race was the Peel Junior Tour on a Sunday. Wasn't look forward to it, school stopped me from training so I only had a couple of days to train. The events for the day was a 3.5 km prologue, 17 km TT and a 55 km road race. I tried to recreate the prologue friday night and only average 36 km/h.
Saturday rolled around and I felt horrible, I tried getting out and could only manage 20 km. Got home and passed out on my bed. I went to a sat night partay, got home at about 10;30 and couldn't sleep until 11:30-12:00. I then woke up sunday morning at 5:30 not feeling in tip top condition.
Fast Forwarding to the prologue, there were some bloody hills mixed in, and hills are an absolute killer for me. I placed dead last of about 12-14 riders and felt like chucking. I had to pull out of the event entirely.
there's a moral to that young Chadster, if you wanna win, you gotta sleep in. You shouldn't be out boozing with the boys and chasing the girls the night before a race. It really doesn't work out too well on the day :D There will be plenty more chances to come first. look after your body, get plenty of sleep, and try to avoid the parties just before an event :)

And well done on the first race.
Kicked a black cat? Sounds more like ran over one, backed over it, hunted down its mother and did the same.