First ride on my new roadie

For Roadies

First ride on my new roadie

Postby cray- » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:20 pm

After giving it a good cleanup yesterday I took my $50 eBay bargain out for a spin. Weather was perfect, if only for a bit of a breeze.

Mapped out my route here ended up with a smidge under 35km. Not a bad effort considering my overall physical state. Unfortunately I forgot to make a note of how long I stopped in at the bike shop and how long my rest brake was at Blue Water point so the actual ride time is very roughly estimated at around the 1:30 mark.

Would have been interesting to see that calories burned thing that mapmyride does in the training log if I could be more precise. And also the average speed since I don't have a computer for this bike yet. All I can say is that there is no way I could have gone as far on my be-slicked mtb and the ease of keeping a decent pace was really enjoyable.
cray-

by BNA » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:39 pm

BNA

Postby inaminit » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:39 pm

Good stuff cray. Had a look at your route, and its looks like one nice ride you had there.

Gotta say, those bike computers are a good little toy to have, I find mine very helpful in tracking my progress.
Anthony
08 Avanti Quantum Team
LeMond Tourmalet
Giant Kronos
Trek 4300 MTB
inaminit

Return to Road Biking