iPhone cyle computer app?

bigfut

Re: iPhone cyle computer app?

Postby bigfut » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Zynster wrote:I've been using Motion X GPS and that has been working ok. Occasionally it crashes half way through a session. Sounds like an overwhelming endorsement of Cyclemeter here though. I'll have to check it out. I don't have a mount. I set it running, turn the screen off, and put it in a plastic bag in my jersey pocket. That way I can check my stats post ride. I have a Catseye speedo on the bike for basic stuff.
I start cyclemeter, turn the screen off and throw it in the saddlebag. Still works perfectly, and saves me dropping the phone.

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:43 pm

HI,
I have been using MapMy Ride Run Walk etc, or what ever you want to call it and use it for.

It works pretty good, finds GPS signal quick, easy uploading to there website.

I just put it in a armband and it works great, and the armband offers a bit protection from the weather, though on days it looked like rain I put it in some Glad Wrap.

cheers

Forgot to mention they have a cool FLY BY feature on there site where you can see a fly by of the course you just road.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:13 am

Zynster wrote:I've been using Motion X GPS and that has been working ok. Occasionally it crashes half way through a session. Sounds like an overwhelming endorsement of Cyclemeter here though. I'll have to check it out. I don't have a mount. I set it running, turn the screen off, and put it in a plastic bag in my jersey pocket. That way I can check my stats post ride. I have a Catseye speedo on the bike for basic stuff.
That's all I do. Cyclemeter does speak announcements telling you your average and so on. They can be hard to hear though.

cjrich

Postby cjrich » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:30 am

Gave RunKeeper Pro a try this morning (because it's free this month). It's good but I still prefer Cyclemeter.

I will use RunKeeper for my wet weather commuter bike as it doesn't have a bike computer, and Cyclemeter for my serious riding.
CJ
- 2015 Cervelo R3
- 2013 Cannondale CAAD 8
- 2019 Marin Rift Zone 3

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:45 pm

HI,
I was looking at CYCLEMETER and I was wondering if there is a way of saving your data to your PC?

Is there any sort of software available to use on your PC to view the data off the Phone App?

otherwise it looks not bad.

cheers

cjrich

Postby cjrich » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:40 am

ozzymac wrote:HI,
I was looking at CYCLEMETER and I was wondering if there is a way of saving your data to your PC?

Is there any sort of software available to use on your PC to view the data off the Phone App?

otherwise it looks not bad.

cheers
You can export most of the data to a spreadsheet which is one of the reasons I like Cyclemeter. If your Excel savy you can then use excel filters, graphs etc to compare your rides.
CJ
- 2015 Cervelo R3
- 2013 Cannondale CAAD 8
- 2019 Marin Rift Zone 3

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:52 am

Just bought Cyclemeter and I'll give it a try tomorrow (if it stops raining). Runkeeper is still pretty good though.

dandyandy08

Postby dandyandy08 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:03 pm

HI all,
Are you mounting the iphone to bars? If so, with what? I've tried some jury rigged car devices with home made adaptation with limited success. I want the gps type data but also like my tunes on the road :) (not trying to threadjack btw)

Thanx in advance
Dandy

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:15 am

dandyandy08 wrote:HI all,
Are you mounting the iphone to bars? If so, with what? I've tried some jury rigged car devices with home made adaptation with limited success. I want the gps type data but also like my tunes on the road :) (not trying to threadjack btw)

Thanx in advance
Dandy
I've been meaning to get one of these. Freshly upgraded for the iphone 4. :)

http://www.thinkbiologic.com/releases/2 ... t-iphone-4

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Hi,
I have found that a armband works ok, it sits under your Jersey, offers a bit of rain protection.

And GPS programs seem to work ok with it. And if you want music it close and handy.

cheers

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:41 pm

ozzymac wrote:Hi,
I have found that a armband works ok, it sits under your Jersey, offers a bit of rain protection.

And GPS programs seem to work ok with it. And if you want music it close and handy.

cheers
As luck would have it I had an iPhone armband and it works great! Also means I can listen to the voiceover telling me how far I've travelled and time elapsed.

Patches

Postby Patches » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Bit off-topic, but if it's a super cheap bike computer you're after I'd reccomend this Chinese one.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1-4-lcd-el ... eter-32804

$6.50, free postage, been using it for a few months and it hasn't given me any trouble.

MDL

Postby MDL » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Another user for runkeeper - Make your own street team and you can see how your freinds are going. Will Keep track of weight and BMI if you want.

Also lets you manually add an event if you want to as well.

MDL

MDL

Postby MDL » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:08 pm

dandyandy08 wrote:HI all,

Thanx in advance
Dandy
Hey i have the best solution for this. Belkin has a armband that has a removable case . All i have done is zip the "case" from the arm band to my bike, i just leave it on there now. The phone can be taken out of the case still and it doesn't move at all.

MDL

Electric Blue

Postby Electric Blue » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:34 am

Has anyone used the app Biky Coach?

I have it, but having some trouble...
Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain