One thing leads to another ...

For Roadies

One thing leads to another ...

Postby LuckyPierre » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:10 am

Thinking (and reacting) to some thoughts about Vets / Masters in one thread and SUB bikes in another lead me to this.
I've always been a fan of Sarah Ulmer (even if she is a Kiwi and beat lots of Australian riders) and I don't think that I've read a better 'plug' for vets / masters events.
Litespeed Classic - 3Al/2.5V titanium tube set, Record 9-speed groupset, Open Corsa Evo CX
Alchemy Diablo - Columbus Zonal tubing, Ultegra 9-speed groupset, UltraGatorskins
Gitane Rocks T1 - U6 tubing, Deore/XT groupset, CrossMarks
LuckyPierre

by BNA » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:34 am

BNA

Postby inaminit » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:34 am

Sums it up nicely i think.

When I started thinking about joining a club it took me a while to get my head around the fact that at 38 I would be racing in masters.

This then got worse when a couple of older guys I train with suggested joining their club...the Anatomic Veterans. I sat there thinking surely I don't look that old.

Anyway after a bit more research, I found out that the veterans clubs are open to males 35yo+ and females 30yo+. And whereas they are dead serious about their racing, they also don't take it that seriously that they'll do too many stupid or dangerous things in an event. They are also a very social bunch. So I ended up joining the club and have done about 4 races with them so far (man these old guys are fit!!!!!)

They have actually just changed their name to the Anatomic Masters to try and encourage some of us younger folk to join. Seems to have worked as there are new faces there every week.
Anthony
08 Avanti Quantum Team
LeMond Tourmalet
Giant Kronos
Trek 4300 MTB
inaminit

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:14 pm

OK...i will let the old boy off after he made me chase that lone break on my own for 15-20k's,didn't realise he was that old,well he did start pulling a few turns after 10k's chasing but then I put it on really hard on a 3k descent and he stuck right to my wheel.Was a nice guy as well,had a good chat after wards,no wonder his daughter flys :D
toolonglegs

Return to Road Biking