rainbow stripes - how could you even consider it !

ldrcycles

Re: rainbow stripes - how could you even consider it !

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:57 am

Zynster wrote:It's not a rainbow. The colours are in the wrong order. *ducks* :lol:
LMAO. But i'll point to toolonglegs photo and make the point that having a rainbow as our ultimate prize doesn't do much for all the blokes who call me gay for riding a bike...not that i care, my GF is hotter than all their imaginary ones put together :-p hahaha.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

leighthebee

Postby leighthebee » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:39 pm

elitist claptrap.... :roll: wear what you want I say. :D

Yongkun

Postby Yongkun » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:01 pm

same applies for people wearing team jersey, i am sure 99.99% of them arent in the pro rank teams.

But who cares, just a piece of clothes, let the legs do the talking, not what you wear.

David_G

Postby David_G » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:19 pm

Oxford wrote:I wonder how a person who has actually earned the jersey of a world champ actually feels about this discussion. I'm sure their POV would be very different since the amount of hard work and effort put into actually competing and succeeding is a little more than handing over a handful of $$$ to a retailer. I don't know any world champs personally, but I bet they would cringe at the thought of joe average riding around in the jersey. Its easy for people to say get over it, maybe these are the same people who think its OK to claim to be something which they are not? Are these the sort of people that would go and buy a trophy from a trophy maker and proudly display it aming out that they earned it? Probably so I'd say.

If we have any world champs in the forum, I'd really like to hear their perspective on this matter.
I don't think they would give a second thought...They would know that no one is "claiming to be world champ" and just let them get on with having fun on their bike.
I just love riding my bike!

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:51 pm

My 2cents worth. These jerseys have been around since my and possibly before my time as a competitor and were used only on training rides, never racing. I personally don't have a problem with them! :roll:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

skull

Postby skull » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Oxford wrote:I wonder how a person who has actually earned the jersey of a world champ actually feels about this discussion.
well a few years ago, when one of the LBS owners won a Masters race over somewhere earining him the stripes, he then made shop kit for sale with them on it and sold them. I gues he didn't mind to much, plus they were to quality knicks and jerseys.

Royo

Postby Royo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:28 pm

I just got back into road cycling after a 12 year absence. Riding down the main road where I live (I ride solo) I caught some inquisitive looks from a few fellow cyclists. At the time I thought they were just admiring my new bike (its pretty awesome) but now I know the real reason.

Personally I wear the jersey because it looks cool, not to disrespect Cancellara and his achievements. I think he would be stoked if he saw me ride past wearing his kit. Id also have no probs wearing those WC shoes and see no diff riding a bike with WC colours, a WC jersey or WC draws. I think those that make a big deal out of it are the tossers. 'SNAP!'