Comparable Saddle to the Specialized Toupe Ti

For Roadies

Comparable Saddle to the Specialized Toupe Ti

Postby jeff_o » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi mates. Does anyone know if there is any comparable saddle from Bontrager, or any other brand in terms of weight compared to the Specialized Toupe Ti 143? I have a Trek bike but my saddle is a Toupe. Looks odd but my bottoms are used to the Toupe saddle already. The Toupe Ti weighs amazingly at just 160 grams only as far as I remember. Plus I don't need much padding as I'm not that heavy (70kgs).
jeff_o

by BNA » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 pm

BNA

Re: Comparable Saddle to the Specialized Toupe Ti

Postby Johndec » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 pm

If it ain't broken, why fix it? Why are you looking for something different. As a toupe Ti owner, I spend quiet nights cruising the net looking for extra toupe saddles on special, just in case something happens to the one I already own! :wink: Grabbed one the other day from jejamescycles.co.uk , it should be here next week..
Johndec

Postby jeff_o » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:08 pm

johndec, i agree. love the toupe but bike is trek. although not a biggie, just wondering if bontrager has a similar light saddle. also to match the color of the bike. maybe i can swap this with someone who wants a blue/white (i need a red/white) :D
jeff_o

Postby handle » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:39 am

Johndec - I thought I was the only person that paranoid. I'm a fan of the Toupe, but don't have a Ti. I've got two on bikes, plus a spare, just in case.
Jeff_o - red/white seems to be a fairly common colour combo, shouldn't be too hard. And sorry, I'm holding on to mine!
handle

Postby cavebear2 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Just buy a saddle that is comfy for you, don't worry about the weight, your engine should take care of that.... :wink:
cavebear2

Postby jeff_o » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:02 pm

it took me a while for my bottoms to get used to the toupe's minimal padding. but after that long riding is no problem now.

lol that's the problem, my engine is weak so gotta cheat on other areas.

i think i'll hang on to my blue/white. i'd be the only one with an odd bike now. unless someone wants to swap their red/white or white/white with mine.
jeff_o

Postby Johndec » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:24 pm

jeff_o wrote:johndec, i agree. love the toupe but bike is trek.

Heh, so what. My Toupe is on a Colnago and I don't care :o Don't let colour co-ordination or appearances override comfort.
Johndec

Postby scotto » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 am

jeff_o wrote:johndec, i agree. love the toupe but bike is trek. although not a biggie, just wondering if bontrager has a similar light saddle. also to match the color of the bike. maybe i can swap this with someone who wants a blue/white (i need a red/white) :D

seriously..... if you love the seat, who cares about the colour. no one can see it when youre riding !!
my blue and white bike currently has red tyres on it ( they were cheap). despite what i thought, it looks kinda good
scotto

Return to Road Biking