Good value bib shorts

idler

Re: Good value bib shorts

Postby idler » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:09 am

With the current Assos bibs (the ones with the blue chamois) it is my experience that whether they are comfortable or not is dependent on body shape. I have narrow sit bones and I find that they ride up and cause chaffing (this is, I think, caused by the fact that the chamois is only sewn onto the shorts around the edge - I have made a couple of pairs wearable by hand sewing the chamois to the shorts down the middle bit of the chamois). Others I know with wider sit bones reckon they're great - although you have to get the sizing exactly right (too big and you are asking for trouble).

For me the best chamois I know is the Castelli Progetto X2 - but the shorts themselves are not as well made as others (and the sizing is very small). I have also had good success with the higher quality shorts from Giordana, Santini and Pearl Izumi. My all time favourites are Gore Xenons and Rapha Classics.
Rikulau Stainless Steel, Hillbrick Steel, Specialized Tarmac

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:58 pm

I have bought a few ebay bib-shorts now. I got some Nalini ones, the chamois is not encouraging - haven't actually tried them yet.

My favourites are my 99 Bikes ones - Champion System bib knicks. Comfy pad, good fit.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:21 am

I have the Pearl Izumi Attack Bibs and am happy with them. 180cm x 109kgs and the sizing was perfect for me. :D

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

schroeds

Postby schroeds » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Recently added Castelli Vecissimo to my my bum wardrobe. Excellent cut and fabric, thick pad but only half the comfort of Assos.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Not so much a cyclist...more of a sit down comedian