Chinese carbon frame and wheels thread

For Roadies

Re: Chinese carbon frame and wheels thread

Postby jules21 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:02 am

damn, really? i want to get back racing ASAP.

the funny thing is i will be pairing it with a set of Enve 65s which are worth 3-4 x the frame's value :)
jules21

by BNA » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:01 am

BNA

Postby Hoyley » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:01 am

I was hoping the ripped call wouldn't come up.
My fm098 was US730, but that included PayPal, paint, handlebar, spacers, headset, bottle cages & extra seat clamp and rd hanger.
I was happy with the price at the time though had seen some cheaper prices - mainly group buys though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoyley

Postby DavidTomic » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm not sure if this is really the best thread for this, but I'll try my luck anyway ...

Long story short I've just scored a set of DT Swiss 180 hubs for a bit of a steal on eBay, and now I'm just trying to figure out the easiest / most economical way of building them up into a complete wheel set.

I know that most of the Chinese makers will happily sell just the wheel rims, at which point I imagine that I'd just need to suss out somewhere local to actually have everything put together?

Would I be correct in assuming that most places wouldn't really have any major issues with me supplying my own rims / hubs for a wheel build?

Finally, if there are any places in Melbourne that you'd feel like recommending then I'm all ears! ;)
DavidTomic

Postby bosvit » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:33 am

DavidTomic wrote:I'm not sure if this is really the best thread for this, but I'll try my luck anyway ...

Long story short I've just scored a set of DT Swiss 180 hubs for a bit of a steal on eBay, and now I'm just trying to figure out the easiest / most economical way of building them up into a complete wheel set.

Considered getting a quote to get them built up in China? Might be worth a few emails and find out how much postage is to China
bosvit

Previous

Return to Road Biking