Wheelset

For Roadies

Wheelset

Postby Snoopy007 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi everyone, I've had my new roadie for a few weeks now and i was just wondering if someone could help me out. I've been trying to find the exact specifications for the rims but each time i search it i get different types of wheelsets showing up.

The actualy wheel has written on it "Fulcrum racing comp" (no numbers). Here's a link to my bike incase you want to have a closer look. http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bicycles ... /102059843

Also if you do know what model they are could you also please tell me approximately how much they weigh? thanks and if i would want to sell them in about 12 months how much they'd be worth (ruff estimate) thanks!
2012 Merida Race Lite 904
Snoopy007

by BNA » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:27 pm

BNA

Re: Wheelset

Postby cyclotaur » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:27 pm

If you buy better/lighter ones in 12 months just whack some solid 25s on them and keep them as spares or training wheels.

Basic spec wheelsets on packaged bikes aren't worth much secondhand, I don't reckon.
Here's my blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding not racing...."
cyclotaur

Postby ball bearing » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Snoopy007 wrote:
The actualy wheel has written on it "Fulcrum racing comp" (no numbers). Here's a link to my bike incase you want to have a closer look. http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bicycles ... /102059843

Don't go counting the spokes to discover the wheel model. Merida equipped with Fulcrum Racing Comp is actually Fulcrum racing 7.
ball bearing

Postby Snoopy007 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:27 pm

ball bearing wrote:
Snoopy007 wrote:
The actualy wheel has written on it "Fulcrum racing comp" (no numbers). Here's a link to my bike incase you want to have a closer look. <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bicycles/merida/road/race-lite-904/melbourne/vic/102059843">

Don't go counting the spokes to discover the wheel model. Merida equipped with Fulcrum Racing Comp is actually Fulcrum racing 7.

Alrite thanks for the help =)

cyclotaur wrote:If you buy better/lighter ones in 12 months just whack some solid 25s on them and keep them as spares or training wheels.

Basic spec wheelsets on packaged bikes aren't worth much secondhand, I don't reckon.

Yeah i might just keep em for the indoor trainer when the our de france comes back on in a year.
2012 Merida Race Lite 904
Snoopy007

Return to Road Biking