Best $3000 carbon road bike

For Roadies

Re: Best $3000 carbon road bike

Postby Morrie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:23 am

Benny_SL wrote:
Puffy wrote:
Farmer Elvis wrote:IMO Giants are the Toyotas of the bicycle world, they offer excellent quality with great service will go as fast as your legs allow, they just aren't a Ferrari so you don't pay the extra $$$

Oi! No, not the Toyota's (LOVE my Toyota's) I prefer to refer to Giants as the Hyundai of the Cycling world. :mrgreen:

Hyundai? Right, clearly you're informed. Perhaps check some facts before you slate a frame that is/has/will win on tour

http://www.winwithgiant.com/

I ri :o de a Giant TCR SL, it's a helluva bike, ride one then let me know how Hyundai it is. :evil:

Completely agree. Got my first road bike 3 months ago and was going to go with a supersix with 105 as I had a 3k limit for bike and accessories. I wanted the best frame I cold get for my money and I was lucky enough to get 2012 tcr advanced sl1 for $2600 at the end of year runout sales.

Full mechanical dura ace and the same frame that Rabo use on the pro tour. It's more than what I needed and I will never do the bike justice but there was no way I could ignore the price.

I'm around 95-100 kg and the whole bike is so stiff and light, I absolutely love it. All I changed was the tyre and tubes because I was having trouble with three corner jacks and punctures. Got the conti gp4000s tyre and tube pack from wiggle and haven't had a flat since.

I absolutely wouldnt hesitate to buy giant again, even at full retail.
Morrie

by BNA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 am

BNA

Postby Kwaichang » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 am

What about a Cannodale Synapse Carbon 5. I'm seeing a few listed in the mid to low 2's so upgrades on wheels and extras would bring you in under budget. I recently bought one. Still haven't taken delivery but felt like a nice quality bike with a non aggressive riding position.
Kwaichang

Postby Puffy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:36 am

Why's everyone soserious? The smilie at the end says "tongue in cheek". Its a joke joyce... sesh.
No need to take it personally.
Puffy

Postby stinhambo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Ridley Fenix Ultegra looks like a lovely bike but the wheels could do with an upgrade.
stinhambo

Postby alan_k » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:53 pm

I would go for Giant or Specialized Tarmac
alan_k

Previous

Return to Road Biking