Re: 2013 BNA Ultimate Cyclist Survey - JOIN IN NOW

For Roadies

Postby lake hume cycler » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:55 pm

wizdofaus wrote:Done, though I'm not sure 'touring' accurately captures my (new) primary interest, which is specifically non-competitive organized medium-distance single-day events on a good (racing) road bike. Sounds very specific I know, but I think there's quite a lot of riders that would consider such riding a primary interest.

Something that may interest you and like minded riders. It is a bit of a plug, but relavant.

There is a choice of 3 rides in a couple of weekends, at Albury- Wodonga, as part of the Lake Hume Cycle Challenge. After the ride there is a friendly free Bar B Q and a bit of a picnic atmosphere. If you are thinking about a weekend get away there are pretty reasonable restaurants and Clubs in Albury Wodonga and renown wineries and breweries a ½ hour or so drive away.

For the toughies there is the "Granya Grind", not real mountain stuff but at 135 km with rolling hills and the Mt Granya 7km grind it’s pretty testing riding. It has been written up a few times on the web and there are rider logs about it. Just Google it.

For a nice little 40 km ride there's the Weir Woddle but there's still a couple of tests. If you think you would like a bit of a challenge but not the big Grind, try the 100 km Tallangatta ride.

Its jointly run by a Rotray Club and a local "Wellness Centre (Women caring for other women with cancer) so a great cause. Its about participation and no times kept, but still a "Challenge". Number are usually 300-400, so pretty friendly, all bitamen and front/rear support vehicles.

Like more info??
http://www.bellbridgerotary.org.au/inde ... &Itemid=39
lake hume cycler

by BNA » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:10 pm

BNA

Postby lake hume cycler » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:10 pm

wizdofaus are you out there?

My first post on the forum was following up to a comment of yours. I probably put it in the wrong place, but did you see it?
lake hume cycler

Return to Road Biking