PMs Bike

For Roadies

PMs Bike

Postby Rusty6149 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:05 pm

What kind of bike does the PM have ?

Pictured here http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/09/article-2415688-1BB171CB000005DC-20_634x422.jpg looks like its made by Hillbrick in Australia. Aluminium ? Custom ?

Maybe we will see him out on rides, similar to John Howards walks ?

He should promote a cycling agenda.. especially as its in his own interest ;)

--Rusty
Rusty6149
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Perth

by BNA » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:28 pm

BNA
 

Re: PMs Bike

Postby sogood » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:28 pm

He seemed to be happy to promote cycling as a sport, especially in triathlons. Don't hold too much hope beyond that as shown in his track record, it's just not on his agenda. But he will likely get along with the new sports fan senator.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 17082
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: PMs Bike

Postby rebilda » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:29 pm

I reckon any white Commodore ute that comes within 15M of the PM, will have a peloton of secret service dudes, with Glocks stuffed inside their knicks, all over 'em
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2
User avatar
rebilda
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:08 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: PMs Bike

Postby apsilon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:44 pm

rebilda wrote:I reckon any white Commodore ute that comes within 15M of the PM, will have a peloton of secret service dudes, with Glocks stuffed inside their knicks, all over 'em


I was just thinking that this morning. If only we could all have a couple of armoured BMW X5/X7s blocking a lane of traffic to ensure no one got too near I might start commuting via bike.
User avatar
apsilon
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Hills District, Sydney

Re: PMs Bike

Postby jcjordan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:52 pm

I have seen him doing repeats of Red Hill here in Canberra with no vehicle escorts but that was as opposition leader.

Considering a few of the CPP guys are keen cyclists I don't think he will have trouble finding people to ride with

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home
jcjordan
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:58 pm

Re: PMs Bike

Postby skull » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:17 pm

The afp do not provide everyday security to the opposition leader. It is only for specific events or as requested or if there is an identified risk.

However now as pm yes it will be 24/7

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
User avatar
skull
 
Posts: 1719
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: PMs Bike

Postby briztoon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:17 pm

There was an article online last week that mentioned that during the election campaign that Abbot could not ride his bike as the police detailed to watch him couldn't keep up.

Found it.
http://www.news.com.au/national-news/fe ... 6710871348
Image
briztoon
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: PMs Bike

Postby rebilda » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Ha!
A mate of mine is a Cycle cop - I'm gonna give to him now
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2
User avatar
rebilda
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:08 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: PMs Bike

Postby clackers » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:56 pm

briztoon wrote:There was an article online last week that mentioned that during the election campaign that Abbot could not ride his bike as the police detailed to watch him couldn't keep up.

Found it.
http://www.news.com.au/national-news/fe ... 6710871348


Coppers and their doughnuts, tsk, tsk! :P
User avatar
clackers
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 10:48 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: PMs Bike

Postby briztoon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:37 pm

clackers wrote:
briztoon wrote:There was an article online last week that mentioned that during the election campaign that Abbot could not ride his bike as the police detailed to watch him couldn't keep up.

Found it.
http://www.news.com.au/national-news/fe ... 6710871348


Coppers and their doughnuts, tsk, tsk! :P


I don't know. I know at least one copper has his bike serviced at the same LBS as me. And I'm pretty sure he races and is most likely much faster than me. Also at least one copper at the station that is handling my investigation rides, we've seen him leave the station to commute home. For some reason I believe I would feel much better if he was handling my investigation.
Image
briztoon
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: PMs Bike

Postby Rhubarb » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 pm

briztoon wrote:Also at least one copper at the station that is handling my investigation rides, we've seen him leave the station to commute home. For some reason I believe I would feel much better if he was handling my investigation.


Ha - now thats one occupation where you'd definitely NOT change out of work clothes for the commute home :-)
Rhubarb
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: PMs Bike

Postby clackers » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:25 pm

briztoon wrote:
clackers wrote:
briztoon wrote:There was an article online last week that mentioned that during the election campaign that Abbot could not ride his bike as the police detailed to watch him couldn't keep up.

Found it.
http://www.news.com.au/national-news/fe ... 6710871348


Coppers and their doughnuts, tsk, tsk! :P


I don't know. I know at least one copper has his bike serviced at the same LBS as me. And I'm pretty sure he races and is most likely much faster than me. Also at least one copper at the station that is handling my investigation rides, we've seen him leave the station to commute home. For some reason I believe I would feel much better if he was handling my investigation.


Sure. Just that the last PM was unlikely to outwalk the guys assigned to him, this one's a triathlete! :)
User avatar
clackers
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 10:48 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: PMs Bike

Postby Derny Driver » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:57 pm

I reckon its great he is riding a Hillbrick. Paul Hillbrick is a great bloke, a great supporter of Cycling in NSW and Australia. I was expecting to see a Pinnarello or Cannondale or some other 'boutique" trendy thing ... Hillbrick supports track racing, BMX, road, everything .. a true blue Australian company. I reckon its great. I wonder if the PM will wear my cycling kit if I send him one?
User avatar
Derny Driver
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: PMs Bike

Postby rebilda » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:36 pm

I saw footage the other day of him wheeling out a Cannondale. I assume he has more than one bike in his garage.
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2
User avatar
rebilda
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:08 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: PMs Bike

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:36 pm

I saw him with a Trek - could be his Canberra bike. Reminds me that W bush got given with a trek MTB with a presidential seal, might have been the same one he fell off.
2015 BNA Cycling Kit Now Available for Pre-Order
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9413
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: PMs Bike

Postby clackers » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:32 am

AUbicycles wrote: Reminds me that W bush got given with a trek MTB with a presidential seal, might have been the same one he fell off.


Yes, that was his backup transport - "Air Force Two", as his LBS would have called it. :)
User avatar
clackers
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 10:48 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: PMs Bike

Postby g-boaf » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

apsilon wrote:
rebilda wrote:I reckon any white Commodore ute that comes within 15M of the PM, will have a peloton of secret service dudes, with Glocks stuffed inside their knicks, all over 'em


I was just thinking that this morning. If only we could all have a couple of armoured BMW X5/X7s blocking a lane of traffic to ensure no one got too near I might start commuting via bike.


indeed, if I had a BMW X5 "Protection" car and perhaps a 7 Series "Protection" following me every time, I'd ride the busiest roads in Sydney all the time. Otherwise, it's a suicide wish and a death trap waiting to happen based on car travel on the roads I'd need to use. Too many angry hooligans about.

Umm, also, did I miss something, aren't we supposed to not be talking about Abbott and cycling... :?:
g-boaf
 
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: PMs Bike

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:51 pm

g-boaf wrote:Umm, also, did I miss something, aren't we supposed to not be talking about Abbott and cycling... :?:

As a rider, YES.
As a politician who rides, NO.

Take it away from discussing his kit, actual rides or unshaved legs and the hammer falls.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 26334
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: PMs Bike

Postby briztoon » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:13 pm

What is wrong with unshaved legs? :|
Image
briztoon
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: PMs Bike

Postby andione1983 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Who's man enough to ride with unshaven legs?

Sent from my Galaxy far far away....
Road Bike - 2013 Merida Ride Lite 93
MTB - Boardman Team Pro 2013
User avatar
andione1983
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Location: SE Melbourne, Australia

Re: PMs Bike

Postby g-boaf » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:00 pm

andione1983 wrote:Who's man enough to ride with unshaven legs?

Sent from my Galaxy far far away....


Me sometimes when I'm lazy. :oops: I'm breaking the rules I know. :lol:
g-boaf
 
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: PMs Bike

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:04 am

briztoon wrote:What is wrong with unshaved legs? :|

Nothing, I'm one of the fluffy and proud brigade, don't even let a razor near my face :wink:

Only mentioned it in context of what's OK to discuss about that bloke and riding.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 26334
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: PMs Bike

Postby briztoon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:11 am

Mulger bill wrote:
briztoon wrote:What is wrong with unshaved legs? :|

Nothing, I'm one of the fluffy and proud brigade, don't even let a razor near my face :wink:

Only mentioned it in context of what's OK to discuss about that bloke and riding.


So I guess a $250 voucher for Bronzed Brazilian is wasted on you?
Image
briztoon
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: PMs Bike

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:15 am

I'd just swap it for a nice pair of Nitto Noodles... :P
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 26334
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: PMs Bike

Postby find_bruce » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:38 am

The way the interwebs work, we will now divert to a passionate debate about the relative merits of shaving v waxing v caveman
Image
User avatar
find_bruce
 
Posts: 4086
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Next

Return to Road Biking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers