Want to start racing - is Tiagra ok?

For Roadies

Re: Want to start racing - is Tiagra ok?

Postby trailgumby » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:08 am

Cul wrote:It's no secret, there is alot to be said for Crits and (increasing) Threshold Power; where else are you going to flog yourself absolutely stupid for 45mins!!!
Spin class. But probably harder mentally to put yourself in the hurt box than when trying to hold a wheel in a crit.

What amazes me in crits is the cornering speeds and lean angles they get. I'm wondering if this is a a function of getting to know the limits of the track on the day, the road being swept clean and therefore offering better grip or something else?
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
trailgumby

by BNA » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:10 pm

BNA

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:10 pm

trailgumby wrote:
Cul wrote:It's no secret, there is alot to be said for Crits and (increasing) Threshold Power; where else are you going to flog yourself absolutely stupid for 45mins!!!
Spin class. But probably harder mentally to put yourself in the hurt box than when trying to hold a wheel in a crit.

What amazes me in crits is the cornering speeds and lean angles they get. I'm wondering if this is a a function of getting to know the limits of the track on the day, the road being swept clean and therefore offering better grip or something else?

...survival :twisted:
toolonglegs

Postby cplus » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Scott233 wrote:mmm at this stage il keep training for another year i think. I dont want to show up and Get flogged then loose all motivation to ride at all haha.

Popping off the back and getting lapped should be all the motivation you need to get better - not to quit!

No amount of training on your own will prepare you for racing.

Just get out there mate!
cplus

Previous

Return to Road Biking