A/B graders in Melbourne?

For Roadies

Re: A/B graders in Melbourne?

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Post up a pic of your power curve Neil... It must be a flat looking thing!. :-)
toolonglegs

by BNA » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:16 am

BNA

Postby NeillS » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:16 am

Yah it's very flat between 3min and 20 min. Tapers from 340 to 310 only lol. Need to do more 2-4 min intervals!
NeillS

Postby Bakks » Thu May 01, 2014 12:09 pm

NeillS wrote:It doesn't work that way in real life. Racing is full of brief bursts of extreme intensity interspersed with low efforts. I can maintain good wattage for a long time at a static state up a hill, but need to train for the anaerobic, Z6 and Z7 intervals that regularly occur as a bunch rolls along. Attacks, short pinches in the course, the concertina effect of bunch riding - these are my main problems at the moment.

Train your weaknesses, race your strengths. I can't always race up 20-40 minute hills to win (not many big climbs in VIC really aside from the Tour of Bright, Buller and BawBaw races) so I have to train like I have to race.

With 5w/kg in C grade you should be able to just solo away to a win. Then you don't need to worry about anaerobic power.
Bakks

Postby ironhanglider » Thu May 01, 2014 1:03 pm

Bakks wrote:
NeillS wrote:It doesn't work that way in real life. Racing is full of brief bursts of extreme intensity interspersed with low efforts. I can maintain good wattage for a long time at a static state up a hill, but need to train for the anaerobic, Z6 and Z7 intervals that regularly occur as a bunch rolls along. Attacks, short pinches in the course, the concertina effect of bunch riding - these are my main problems at the moment.

Train your weaknesses, race your strengths. I can't always race up 20-40 minute hills to win (not many big climbs in VIC really aside from the Tour of Bright, Buller and BawBaw races) so I have to train like I have to race.

With 5w/kg in C grade you should be able to just solo away to a win. Then you don't need to worry about anaerobic power.

He will, because you only solo away to a win once before finding yourself amongst faster riders.

Cheers,

Cameron
ironhanglider

Postby cpical » Thu May 01, 2014 2:37 pm

Check the Peak Cycles bunch.
Here: http://www.peakcycles.com.au/rides/
cpical

Postby NeillS » Thu May 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Bakks wrote:

5w/kg is no good if it's only 300 watts and the road is flat. Plenty of the other guys I'm racing against will be 70kg and doing 340 for the same period, so I can't beat them on the flat sections of road even though my watts/kg is better. Just shows that racing isn't all about power per kilogram.
NeillS

Previous

Return to Road Biking