I got my first carbon bike

Greg@home

I got my first carbon bike

Postby Greg@home » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Hey there all..

I have been riding alloy bikes this whole time.. I am recently new to road riding (riding 4 years)

I decided to get carbon fiber bike. I was more looking to upgrade my groupset, My current bike is 105 shimano. its getting a bit clunky now . I thought I may as well get a new bike too.

I bought a red Specialized "Venge" with Ultegra group set.

I am wetting my pants with excitement (loool) and cant wait for it to arrive.. It should be here Friday..

I am looking forward to riding carbon fiber to see how different it is to riding alloy. and also looking forward to riding with an Ultegra groupy

I thought I would get this of my chest...now I feel better :)
B.L.T.H....Brake late,Turn hard

Parker

Re: I got my first carbon bike

Postby Parker » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Perhaps you'd like some time alone?

Greg@home

Postby Greg@home » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Parker wrote:Perhaps you'd like some time alone?
You can watch if you like ..hehehe

vosadrian

Postby vosadrian » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:51 am

I love my Venge.... but I would not say it is going to give that carbon frame softness (compared to Alu) like some other bikes can. I have two bikes and the Venge is not my first choice for a long ride (130+kms), but I have done 210k on it and it is fine if not as comfortable as my other bike. That is partially because it is stiffer, and partially because I have the bars lower on it. I do however love racing my Venge or just doing a high intensity 50k on it. It is so lively and responsive and fast rolling compared to my other bike. Loves accelerating and sitting at 40kph on the open roads. It also climbs great and better than I expected given reviews saying it is terrible because it weigh a few grams more than a Tarmac.

If you like riding fast, you will love the Venge.

Greg@home

Postby Greg@home » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:58 pm

vosadrian wrote:I love my Venge.... but I would not say it is going to give that carbon frame softness (compared to Alu) like some other bikes can. I have two bikes and the Venge is not my first choice for a long ride (130+kms), but I have done 210k on it and it is fine if not as comfortable as my other bike. That is partially because it is stiffer, and partially because I have the bars lower on it. I do however love racing my Venge or just doing a high intensity 50k on it. It is so lively and responsive and fast rolling compared to my other bike. Loves accelerating and sitting at 40kph on the open roads. It also climbs great and better than I expected given reviews saying it is terrible because it weigh a few grams more than a Tarmac.

If you like riding fast, you will love the Venge.
Thanks,
Thats some good info.

I'm putting it togther now 8)

ValleyForge

Postby ValleyForge » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:42 pm

Lash out and get some clear coat film for the frame from Frameskin. I've got it on all my carbon frames, even the MTB!
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.