5th Race

For Roadies

5th Race

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:25 pm

I was sick yesterday and still in bed this morning, as the day went on I kicked in a little [note the word 'little'] and then decided, as this may be the only Saturday in a while that I can ride, "well, I might as well gain a bit of experience", so I turned up, in time to see Al, a senior member of my club being done by 3 chicks in E grade and Lindsay, another fellow club member in the money in D grade, a well earned 3rd.

2 laps warm-up, yeh I know thats not enough, but in hind sight I probably needed to keep my energy.

Anyway, the race commenced and an experienced rider nearly wipes me out on the second corner, but I heave on the brakes and manage to aviod him hitting me. At the beginining I know its about not being dropped and hoping that my body improves with the exercise. I find that I'm having no problem what so ever into the head wind but I struggling a little in the tail wind down the straight. As the laps progress, no body does nothing in C, just like Kierin, another member of my club has previously described C. A goes past and the pace increases, somene puts a wheel in the dirt and does a big wobble, not hitting anyone. With 8 laps to go, I'm feeling a bit better and now feel confident that I could go with any surge or even a break, then the rear end tucks under and I realise half way around the corner that I have a flat rear, I quickly turn outwards and go straight up a grass hill, my race is over and I walk back to the start/finish. One of my fellow club members offers me a wheel, but I'm already 2 laps behind and you only get one lap out for mechanics.
A helmet saved my life
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

by BNA » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:56 pm

BNA

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:56 pm

The things you find on the web. Pictures of me.

In the beginning I was struggling to hang on, thats me in the red top right at the back

By mid race I was ready to attack

But then I flatted....

Anyway, lets hope that the other riders see more of my behind in 07
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Return to Road Biking