Fitting Looks to Lakes

HausFinch

Fitting Looks to Lakes

Postby HausFinch » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:49 pm

I've got a new pair of Lake CX300 carbon soled road shoes. Trying to fit my Look cleats to the new shoes and I see that the cleat curve is straighter than the Lake sole curve. So screwing the cleat down will either bend the sole or bend the cleat to match the carbon sole curve. Do I need to shim under the cleat with washers? I've never noticed this problem before. Anyone else had this issue? Also, the soles are so thin I need much shorter screws to fit the cleats properly. Would 8mm long screws be the right choice? Any tips here? My plastic soled Sidi shoes matched the Look cleats perfectly so fitting cleats was easy. Thanks for any help!

ironhanglider

Re: Fitting Looks to Lakes

Postby ironhanglider » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 pm

HausFinch wrote:I've got a new pair of Lake CX300 carbon soled road shoes. Trying to fit my Look cleats to the new shoes and I see that the cleat curve is straighter than the Lake sole curve. So screwing the cleat down will either bend the sole or bend the cleat to match the carbon sole curve. Do I need to shim under the cleat with washers? I've never noticed this problem before. Anyone else had this issue? Also, the soles are so thin I need much shorter screws to fit the cleats properly. Would 8mm long screws be the right choice? Any tips here? My plastic soled Sidi shoes matched the Look cleats perfectly so fitting cleats was easy. Thanks for any help!
The shoe curve matching was common with small shoes and the Look Delta cleats which were bigger than the Keos. Washers worked for my wife's shoes.

I can't comment on the bolt length, I'm not that familiar with the shoes.

Cheers,

Cameron

HausFinch

Re: Fitting Looks to Lakes

Postby HausFinch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 pm

thanks for that info. i'll slip a few washers in for now. i was thinking of getting some lighter Keo pedals so maybe those cleats will be a better match for the curved sole of the new shoes.