Redlands Cycling Festival Criterium

User avatar
foo on patrol
Posts: 6112
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Redlands Cycling Festival Criterium

Postby foo on patrol » Fri May 26, 2017 5:36 pm

Anyone going to this? I'm racing or should I say, embarrassing myself? :lol:

This is a well run Event but challenging race, due to the bright/dim lighting conditions. :shock:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image

User avatar
foo on patrol
Posts: 6112
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Redlands Cycling Festival Criterium

Postby foo on patrol » Sun May 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Went to this last night but don't know if I will race it next year. :? The spiel from the Commissaire, the first lap is to close up the bunch and the race will start, next time around. Well anything but that, happened. :x They just took off like fools, not giving those at the back a chance to group up. Bloody ridiculous and poor form. Don't think that I will be back for next year and a number of other riders are of the same opinion. This happened last year also, so maybe that is why, the numbers were down! :wink: The top grades had only a dozen riders in then, where as C-grade had a good size field but this chit, has put me off turning up to support it next year. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image

Abby
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 11:41 am

Re: Redlands Cycling Festival Criterium

Postby Abby » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:04 am

Have you sent that feedback to the organisers? You should - otherwise they may be blissfully unaware that there is an issue discouraging repeat entries... :-)

g-boaf
Posts: 8597
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Redlands Cycling Festival Criterium

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:29 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Went to this last night but don't know if I will race it next year. :? The spiel from the Commissaire, the first lap is to close up the bunch and the race will start, next time around. Well anything but that, happened. :x They just took off like fools, not giving those at the back a chance to group up. Bloody ridiculous and poor form. Don't think that I will be back for next year and a number of other riders are of the same opinion. This happened last year also, so maybe that is why, the numbers were down! :wink: The top grades had only a dozen riders in then, where as C-grade had a good size field but this chit, has put me off turning up to support it next year. :wink:

Foo


Have a friendly word with the Chief Comm at the race along with the race directors if they had any. I'm not from your state so I can't really say anything more than that.

From your description with a 1 lap rollout there was no pressure with time or multiple grades on track (in terms of another grade closing up while you were starting), so I can't see why they couldn't have enforced that. But I also wasn't there so I'll defer to their judgement.

User avatar
foo on patrol
Posts: 6112
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Redlands Cycling Festival Criterium

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Abby wrote:Have you sent that feedback to the organisers? You should - otherwise they may be blissfully unaware that there is an issue discouraging repeat entries... :-)


Might do that. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image

User avatar
foo on patrol
Posts: 6112
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Redlands Cycling Festival Criterium

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:24 pm

g-boaf wrote:
foo on patrol wrote:Went to this last night but don't know if I will race it next year. :? The spiel from the Commissaire, the first lap is to close up the bunch and the race will start, next time around. Well anything but that, happened. :x They just took off like fools, not giving those at the back a chance to group up. Bloody ridiculous and poor form. Don't think that I will be back for next year and a number of other riders are of the same opinion. This happened last year also, so maybe that is why, the numbers were down! :wink: The top grades had only a dozen riders in then, where as C-grade had a good size field but this chit, has put me off turning up to support it next year. :wink:

Foo


Have a friendly word with the Chief Comm at the race along with the race directors if they had any. I'm not from your state so I can't really say anything more than that.

From your description with a 1 lap rollout there was no pressure with time or multiple grades on track (in terms of another grade closing up while you were starting), so I can't see why they couldn't have enforced that. But I also wasn't there so I'll defer to their judgement.


We were the only one on the course but I'll gve it some thought. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image

samuel86
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: Redlands Cycling Festival Criterium

Postby samuel86 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:53 am

The "neutral" lap was one of my 5 quickest laps of the night. The intensity of the Mas C race was quick. Positioning was the biggest struggle with all but 3 of the 4 corners narrowed down to 1 lane due to the roundabout and concrete median. Just surprised there wasn't a lot more carnage. Solid racing.

I will be back, very few night time crits in Brisbane.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users