SRM Oceania relocating to Adelaide

dalai47

SRM Oceania relocating to Adelaide

Postby dalai47 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Great news for Australian SRM users!

I just received communication from SRM Oceania that they are in the process of relocating their Service Centre back to Adelaide from Christchurch, New Zealand.

There is no need now to send the cranks and Power controllers overseas which curtails the additional freight costs and hassles with Customs declarations.

Hopefully they can provide the same level of service that Dallas and his team in NZ provided!

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Re: SRM Oceania relocating to Adelaide

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Yes, I got the heads up a month ago.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Yes, I also got that email from Dallas at SRM Oceania NZ on the 10th May announcing that they were shutting shop.

Today's email was just a reminder, but I thought members here not on the mailing list may find the news beneficial.

macca33

Postby macca33 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Sort of a shame, as Dallas and the crew were VERY helpful when my secondhand SRM went in for an issue - replaced the circuit board, battery and tested, all for a minimal cost and the turnaround time was commendable.

I'm hoping the South Aust facility will offer similar great service.

cheers
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares & Ridley Noah SL

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:35 pm

Very much agree macca33!

Only benefit of the move to Adelaide I see is not having to ship over the ditch.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:00 pm

dalai47 wrote:Very much agree macca33!

Only benefit of the move to Adelaide I see is not having to ship over the ditch.
They'll be paying the highest power prices in Australia. I know Adelaide is a sister city to Christchurch but surely their operating costs will climb.

Cul

Postby Cul » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:54 pm

After initially speaking with them at length about some issues with my SRM, I have had Zero luck getting back in contact by both email and phone since mid June; I actually contacted SRM.de directly today to point out the difficulties I am having. Not good start from a service point of view. :roll:

Currently I have an SRM giving some DUD numbers that is in need of fixing. :?
My Training & Racing Blog: http://mountainbikemediocrity.wordpress.com
Fuelled By: Pro4mance

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:29 pm

Any updates Cul?

I notice on the SRM OCeania page the content is getting posted from Italy at the moment, so could be the cause of radio silence?

Cul

Postby Cul » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:35 pm

dalai47 wrote:Any updates Cul?

I notice on the SRM Oceania page the content is getting posted from Italy at the moment, so could be the cause of radio silence?
Received an email from SRM.de telling me they are up and running in Adelaide, and to send to that address.... Now I am concerned if I send my SRM there will be no-one on the other end do do anything with it.

Thanks for the heads up re the Italian content on the facebook page (I was looking at old one) it explains the lack of communication; but still it's not hard to have an automated email / voice message. :shock:

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:35 pm

One of my units Zero offset value is slowly creeping up over the last couple of months so is possibly due for a new battery soon... Therefore interested to know if all is okay now Cul?

Cul

Postby Cul » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:16 pm

To be honest I've not sent it off yet; I've been flat out with new job, buying land, and a few other family things that I've just not had the time to fart around with it (I'm using a stages atm). I have noticed they are actively posting pics on Facebook from around Adelaide, and I've heard positive experiences recently which is probably a good sign... :wink:

I also read somewhere that it took them much longer to get setup than anticipated. :?

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanks Cul. Will post back when I get around to sending mine in and report on the service.