Help with size and price of road bike please ?

Koori Jase

Help with size and price of road bike please ?

Postby Koori Jase » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi guys ,
My first post on here , I am wanting to buy a old road bike to do some gentle exercise, I have a electric bike that I love , but am thinking of branching out for a road bike, I have a heart condition that I was born with and I get worn out on a mountain bike fast , and I thought about getting a road bike to ride around the streets near home to get a little fitter , my electric bike is awesome I can ride it all day without a break , and now want to try a old style road bike to get fitter , and I always wanted a road bike , my questions are , what sort of price would a old racing bike be from say Facebook or a garage sale be ? , I don’t want anything to flash just a old bike to enjoy, lastly I’m around 170 cms and what size bike do I need to look for ?, lastly how do you measure a road bike ? I don’t like high bikes want something I can stand over the. Bar with and touch ground , lol sorry I don’t know anything about road bikes

Thanks for your time regards Jase

10speedsemiracer

Re: Help with size and price of road bike please ?

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:17 am

Hi KJ, welcome. I would suggest you discuss this with your Dr before making any sort of alteration to your exercise regime, she/he may mess around with your meds or provide some guidance or both. OK, that being said, you can probably find a nice serviceable roadie for $200-$300 on Gumtree which will do everything you want it to do. Where are you located (just suburb/state) and how tall are you?
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:18 am

At 170 cm or 5' 7" you are probably looking for a small frame, around 52cm seat tube in a traditional frame design.

As you are looking for a cheap old roadie, you might find that the Idiots guide to salvaged 80s roadies helps
Anything you can do, I can do slower

Koori Jase

Postby Koori Jase » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:18 am

Thanks for replying guys , I don’t have any restrictions on exercise, I want s road bike , because I don’t really get much of a work out on my electric bike, also I always wanted a road bike , and also thanks for the help with size I’ll keep a look out for a small size frame