flimsy letters on jersey

commi

flimsy letters on jersey

Postby commi » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:49 am

I bought a Jaggad brand jersey and knicks just 3 weeks ago. I have used them everyday except maybe 4 days and I love them. I wash them by hand quickly while I'm in the shower and squeeze them then hang them.

I was shocked to discover that the "A" and "D" letters in the left arm had all but come off. The "G" next to it doesn't look far off. The other arm however looks brand new...And the jersey itself is still good as new, just the letters.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do people wash/dry their bike clothes?

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:11 am

I haven't had any problems with my Jaggad gear - but then I don't think that I've got any with the 'iron-on' type letters. I'll have a better look tonight and see how any branding is fairing.
My Peleton knicks have lost some of their markings - funnily enough, the Peleton logo's :? - but it doesn't effect their performance.
Edited to add
Oops, I forgot to answer the rest of the question! I'm enough of a pig not to wash my gear after every ride, but I either hand wash if there's just knicks and a jersey or use the 'gentle' cycle in cold water if there's a couple of sets and I try to hang them so they have some protection from direct sunlight.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:00 am

This is a common problem with sporting tops - I first came across it on a soccer forum where people had spent over a hundred bucks for team jersies only to find the logos were coming off.

The answer is to wash gently and to wash them INSIDE OUT. It works. About the same time, the sponsor's logo on my son's playing jersy started to lift but by washing inside out, I was able to stop that happening.

Richard