I'm sure this has happened to you too...

open topic, for anything cycling related.

I'm sure this has happened to you too...

Postby commi » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:27 pm

I just started to wear knicks for riding since I bought a new bike a few weeks ago. I ride to work so I have to bring my work clothes (casual clothes) with me...

Today for the first time I forgot to bring undies...so I had to, 'scuse the language, freeball it.

Can't say it was a bad experience, but I'm sure I'll remember to bring the undies tomorrow. :lol:
commi

by BNA » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:02 pm

BNA

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:02 pm

It can happen to any of us.

I keep a complete set of spare clothing at work. Problem is, I don't always work in the same location.
A helmet saved my life
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Hotdog » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:48 pm

Ooh, I've done worse than that, I once forgot to bring any clothes to change into and didn't have any stashed in my office either so had to spend the entire day in my cycling gear :oops:

I work in an 'academic' environment so there's no dress code (turning up in shorts, thongs and a t-shirt is fine) but even so wearing lycra in the meeting room is considered unusual...
Hotdog

Postby pospete » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:20 am

In certain circles they say "it pays to advertise", I'm finding it a little disconcerting when friends look and then don't make eye contact! :lol:
pospete

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:40 pm

pospete wrote:In certain circles they say "it pays to advertise", I'm finding it a little disconcerting when friends look and then don't make eye contact! :lol:

Yesterday my mate Michael McKennedy rode past in the opposite direction and didn't see me when I waved and said hello. He had his race face on !!!!
A helmet saved my life
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:53 pm

Some-one (who shall remain nameless) jumped on the wheel of a rider coming through the bunch on the first 'real' lap of last nights criterium and worked to stay with him - only to realise after the best part of a lap that the rider was from a higher grade. :oops:
It was bloody hard work, as he was on a breakaway from his bunch!
Fortunately, the marshals were too busy laughing to disqualify me (oops, I mean him).
LuckyPierre

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:04 pm

In my last race, in C grade at Heffron park in eastern Sydney, a rider went with B grade as they lapped us. I said to myself, thats cheating and no-one chased him, about 5 laps later we consumed him without taking any notice of him. If he had won, I wonder if he would of been disqualified ?
A helmet saved my life
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:08 pm

They did threaten me with "If you could keep up with him for that long, maybe we should promote you anyway".
I think that my quivering knees convinced them not to!
LuckyPierre

Postby sogood » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Yesterday my mate Michael McKennedy rode past in the opposite direction and didn't see me when I waved and said hello. He had his race face on !!!!

I crossed path with him this morning. Yep, his face told the story alright. :D
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Postby pospete » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:19 pm

mikesbytes wrote:
pospete wrote:In certain circles they say "it pays to advertise", I'm finding it a little disconcerting when friends look and then don't make eye contact! :lol:

Yesterday my mate Michael McKennedy rode past in the opposite direction and didn't see me when I waved and said hello. He had his race face on !!!!

Actually I have found most cyclists say hello, or at least nod. Apart from fat arsed women and iPod wearers and bmxers, oh and those pretending to be , or trying to be profesional. Well a few say Hi . I have to say tho that by and large the roadies seem to keep to themselves, tho I guess travelling at warp factor , as they do, it's dam near impossible.
pospete

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:22 pm

sogood wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:Yesterday my mate Michael McKennedy rode past in the opposite direction and didn't see me when I waved and said hello. He had his race face on !!!!

I crossed path with him this morning. Yep, his face told the story alright. :D

Also saw him this morning, this time he saw me and gave a wave, so he can't of been hurting as much this morning.
A helmet saved my life
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Return to General discussion