Must be cooler there

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Must be cooler there

Postby europa » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:41 pm

Must be cooler where you are, no-one's on the forum so you must be out riding. I wheeled the grid out of the house, the tyres started to smoke and sink into the bitumen, the frame sagged and there was this weird red glow through the paint, then me water bottle started to boil (and me without any tea bags). So I woosed out and am about to go help my Dad sort out his latest computer woes (commonly called purgatory).

Richard
europa

Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

by BNA » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:18 pm

BNA

Postby cludence » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:18 pm

No cooler over here. Hiding from the heat at the moment and once it cools down a bit I am heading out to my garage to play around with one of my bikes. Kindof like a sauna in my garage at the moment as it has a tin roof.

Karen.
cludence

Postby LuckyPierre » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:15 pm

It's pretty hot - currently 33 degrees but it was 34 just a while ago - but I've been having a 'nanna nap'.
We (E/F/G grades) got to ride this morning's criterium a bit after 9:30am. We did 20 minutes, plus 1 lap at Dairy Flat and it was starting to get warm when we finished.
According to my computer, we did 12.8 km (6 laps) in 23:20 at an average speed of 32.96 km/hr. My maximum was 47.6 km/hr. We got points for sprints every second lap and I was second in the first, first in the second and just missed third in the third, for third overall. I chickened out in the final sprint - if I'd gone hard at it I would have run over one of the slower riders and the guy on my outside wasn't going to give me any room half way through the final sprint! :) We blew past him with about 150 metres to go, but I couldn't get back to the top three again. :?
LuckyPierre

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:44 pm

We had another 40 in Perth yesterday and some bugger brought the humidity with it too!! Today is a little nicer at 34 (or something) and the humidity has dropped. The reason for the temp and humidity drop however is the HOWLING wind!! Nothing in it's right mind would try to fight this breeze.

I'm hoping that it will drop a bit as the evening progresses so we can get out. Husband bought shoes yesterday so has been practising all morning so it will be nice to try them out.

At the moment, just watching the cricket!!

Moo...
moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:06 pm

Just checked the BOM site as I knew it was windy. 44kmh winds on average with the highest being 61kmh...and SSW. I usually head south at the start of my ride, but coming home looks fantastic!! I may just watch all of the cricket instead though :) And then there is Cycling Central on SBS in a couple of hours...!!

Moo...
moosterbounce

Return to General discussion