Non cleat quick drying cycling shoes

jmt

Non cleat quick drying cycling shoes

Postby jmt » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:28 pm

I ride daily to work and my regular cycling shoes are almost worn out and new ones unavailable.

Apart from their comfort, they were washable and could be dried during a working day near a fan (computer room!) after a rainy commute, so I could cycle to and back from work with dry feet - at least starting with dry feet!

I'm using deckies at the moment which work well but won't be so good when the rain starts.

I'm not keen on cleats as I'm traveling 'across town' and am getting off to cross the busy roads etc.

Has anybody any advice?

Thanks.
Last edited by jmt on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:53 pm

? :shock:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Burt 'Pigeon Racer' Jones

Postby Burt 'Pigeon Racer' Jones » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:09 pm

MTB shoes and MTB cleated pedals.

The cleats are mostly recessed into the sole of the shoe, so they're quite comfy to walk around in.

Your pedalling efficiency will increase as well.

Best of both worlds really.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:15 pm

+1 to Uncle Burt's comments.

I use cleated MTB shoes and while I would not be walking kilometres in them by choice, you can if you have to (eg, mech breakage while on the trail miles from abywhere in the bush). The issue is that cycling shoes need to be closer fitting than street or running shoes asn your feet don't spread like htey do when you're running or walking, so that your feet don't move around too much inside the shoe. The downside is they're not as comfy off the bike.

I commute to the Sydney CBD, so stopping and walking stairs, etc is part of life. Cleats improve your pedalling efficiency no end.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Maybe galoshes if you can find them.

I used MTB shoes and cleats for years and don't think they are necessary if you have some BMX/MTB style platform pedals. Using platforms don't appear to slow me down.