Sore arse!!! Try and keep your minds out of the gutter.

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Sore arse!!! Try and keep your minds out of the gutter.

Postby pospete » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:34 pm

Had a great day. Left at 8 oclock this morning to go see someone further round the bay. Then went back towards the city , to my favorite bit of beach, for a swim, and then the cycle home. Now I am metaphorically speaking Buggered! As for my arse, even with the padding, I can still feel it bad!( or maybe i can't feel it). Trip total for the day was 81.4K. Not bad as I'm riding on cycle paths with my Nobbly tyres. Thats almost a thousand calories, so I've been very good and just had salad, and now it's time for a fresh fruit smoothie!
I feel really good. I just wish I did'nt have to take my Trippy meds now! :lol:
Talk to the hand
pospete

by BNA » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:44 pm

BNA

Postby heavymetal » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:44 pm

You do have a seat on your bicycle don't you? :D :D

You need to change your position on the seat quite often and stand up occasionally. It eventually becomes used to it and the soreness goes away.

Sometimes it may be a case that your seat is too soft.

Super Mod

Postby pospete » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 pm

[quote="bicyclewa"]You do have a seat on your bicycle don't you? :D :D

You need to change your position on the seat quite often and stand up occasionally. It eventually becomes used to it and the soreness goes away.

Sometimes it may be a case that your seat is too soft.

Oh Hahaha, yes I do have a seat, tho that does give me an idea! :lol: seriously tho, I'll try that out too. The seat is actually a hard seat, I did'nt want a comfort seat as such. I think it's just a case of having done more today than usual. I'm ok tho, will be out again on Sunday too.

Postby timbo » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:40 pm

Having tried all sorts of seats in the past, a lot which are supposed to be comfortable and include things like gel inserts etc, I now only use leather saddles such as the San Marco Rolls on my Giant OCR1 or the old original Mundialita on the old Miyata 1200. Both seats feel a bit firm when I first sit on them, but after a couple of kilometres I totally forget about them, which is a good sign. Leather has the advantage of moulding to the shape of your backside over time, so if it doesn't feel quite right initially, give it a bit of time and it gets more comfortable over time.
timbo

Return to General discussion