Help identifying mid-90s Bianchi

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Help identifying mid-90s Bianchi

Postby uMP2k » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:35 pm

Just trying to find some information about mid 90s Bianchi, or at least one mid-90s Bianchi in particular!

ImageImage

ImageImage

As you can see from the photos it is one of the dedacciai -Zero framed bikes and it has been around the block more than once :!: I am not sure which grade of the dedecciai -Zero tubing it is however .

It has a complete Campag Athena 8spd groupset and some pretty nice internal cable routing.

I guess what I am after is some idea of where this bike fitted in the Bianchi range of the day (lower mid range I am guessing) and whether anybody has any experience of this model as a ride. Is it any good??????

Any information would be greatfully accepted.

BTW - is it just me or do those forks look a bit weird?
uMP2k

by BNA » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:24 pm

BNA

Postby europa » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:24 pm

Pity it's that horrid blue colour :D

**ducks and runs**

and no, the forks don't look weird to me :wink:

Richard
europa

Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:00 pm

I don't think the colour matches the rust on the chain :shock: That's terrible!! Do you think the colour will stand out enough for luxury car drivers? :P

Can't help sorry - perhaps give Fleet Cycles a call as they are a Bianchi dealer and have been for ages. They may not know off the top of their heads, but you just never know. I have found that depending on how busy they are will depend how helpful they are so don't ring during lunch time :wink:

Moo...
moosterbounce

Postby uMP2k » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:14 pm

moosterbounce wrote:I don't think the colour matches the rust on the chain :shock: That's terrible!! Do you think the colour will stand out enough for luxury car drivers? :P

Well if they cannot see bright yellow then I guess there is no chance of them seeing this!

Yes the rust on the chain is, I think, evidence of a bike in need of a loving owner!

moosterbounce wrote:Can't help sorry - perhaps give Fleet Cycles a call as they are a Bianchi dealer and have been for ages. They may not know off the top of their heads, but you just never know. I have found that depending on how busy they are will depend how helpful they are so don't ring during lunch time :wink:

Moo...

Thanks for the suggestion - just might do that.
uMP2k

Re: Help identifying mid-90s Bianchi

Postby LuckyPierre » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:33 pm

uMP2k wrote:Just trying to find some information about mid 90s Bianchi, or at least one mid-90s Bianchi in particular!
It has a complete Campag Athena 8spd groupset and some pretty nice internal cable routing.
I guess what I am after is some idea of where this bike fitted in the Bianchi range of the day ...

I found this discussion, which seems to position the Athena as the '105' of the Campagnolo range.
LuckyPierre

Postby heavymetal » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:10 pm

That's not the one that was listed last year as stolen :shock:

I think it was a later model though.

I think the owner didn't want it back as he said he didn't like the color :lol:
heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby sogood » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:12 pm

That bike is on eBay... 8)
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Postby uMP2k » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:20 pm

sogood wrote:That bike is on eBay... 8)

Indeed it is - thinking about bidding, but probably won't. More curiosity than anything.

The insurance company is coming to the party re: my trashed bike so I am seeking a replacement now, but I think I will go with aluminium and or carbon!
uMP2k

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:20 pm

Have a look at this post regarding Biachi

The bianchis all have unique numbers printed... not sure if it is on the bottom bracket (have to look at mine). The good news is that the number is a good way of identifying the bike model year etc... the bad news is that the serial numbers are mysteriously set together. I would look for the number and then do a google search for that number and see what pops up... At the end there are some letters, (thats the mysterious part), if you don't have much luck on your first search, leave the letter(s) off and you may get a better result to help you identify and find out more about the bike.
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General discussion