Weight loss and Vitamin B

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:25 am

sogood wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:You told me you lost 4kg

Yep, that was 2 months ago and hit my ideal weight, my weight during my uni days. It was a highly desirable weight loss. :D

Power to weight ratio

Burn plenty of Glycogen
training log
ImageImageImage
A helmet saved my life
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

by BNA » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:13 am

BNA

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:13 am

I dunno how Mike fits that brekky in, spose it's the weights work.
I go 4-5 weetbix, hot milk and a half teaspoon raw sugar, two slices of toasted birdseed with Vegemite and two cups of Milo, cuppa tea at tennish.
That's way more than I ate as a nonriding fattie. It's great that the midmorning craving died a quick death, no more 1030 Snickers for this little black duck :)

Shaun
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby tuco » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:37 am

Don't know about vitamin B but my weight loss is finally happening.

Now I've got a HRM I can keep track of the calories I'm using in exercise. So far this week (Monday to Thursday) I'm up to 3,300 cal.

I've only dropped about 2.5 kg in about 3 weeks, most of it since I bought the HRM but I took a waist measurement today and I've lost 2.5cm from my waist which is where all my excess weight is.
Currently I'm 86.5kg and my current waist measurement is the same as what it was when I was 83kg so I must have bulked downstairs, no further down, in the leg department.

I'm hoping to be 4kg lighter (than last time I rode it) for the time trial coming up Sunday week. It'll be interesting to see how much faster I can go carrying 4kg less.
tuco

Postby sogood » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:11 am

tuco wrote:I've only dropped about 2.5 kg in about 3 weeks...

Congratulations! Cycling is amazing isn't it? Just have to keep doing it.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Postby JackHenry » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:54 am

Without opening a can of worms, have a look at this on Metabolic Syndrome. (Insulin Resistance)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolic_syndrome

I used to get the shakes associated with low blood sugar levels an hour or so after meals, but without feeling hungry. I was tested and it appeared that I possibly had Metabolic Syndrome.

I now take Metformin (Prescription only). Now what occurs is that I actually get hungry (when I should) and don't get the shakes I was getting before in between meals.

The other upside of this is that I don't feel the need for a sugar hit between meals and dietry control is a lot easier.
JackHenry

Postby gdl_gdl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:38 pm

HRM works for me as well. I've had one since Christmas and if I burn at least 3,500 cals a week through exercise then my weight stays stable. If I need to lose a bit of weight then I burn more (and keep the diet the same as much as is possible - the 100km rides being the exception.)

At the moment, for the 12 weeks of measurement, I've exercised at least 6 hours a week (sometimes 8hrs+), burned at least 3,500 cals per week (sometimes 4,000+). What I like about the measurement is that you feel guilty if you skip a session as you are benchmarking to previous weeks.

My weight varies between 74kg and 76kg but as per the scales at the gym by body fat percentage is decreasing (currently 19.1% - it was about 23% a year ago). Apparently I also have a metabolic age of 33 (I'm 38). Simple conclusion is that I've lost fat and gained muscle. (In my unfit days I was never that overweight (78/9 kg) but just out of shape physically.)

Only weakness is that the waist has been lost at the hips but the stomach will only go with good old fashioned sit ups! (Which I don't do enough of!)

I could be better at stretching as well.

Cheers,

Gary
gdl_gdl

Postby gdl_gdl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 pm

Apparently I also have a metabolic age of 33 (I'm 3[i]

That should say, I'm 38.

Cheers,

Gary[/i]
gdl_gdl

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:02 pm

Mulger bill wrote:I dunno how Mike fits that brekky in, spose it's the weights work.
I go 4-5 weetbix, hot milk and a half teaspoon raw sugar, two slices of toasted birdseed with Vegemite and two cups of Milo, cuppa tea at tennish.
That's way more than I ate as a nonriding fattie. It's great that the midmorning craving died a quick death, no more 1030 Snickers for this little black duck :)

Shaun

The biggest issue is under eating, if I under eat my body doesn't recover propely.

Burn plenty of Glycogen
training log
[url=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/142/397460700_274d802bf1_b.jpg][img]

http://static.flickr.com/114/303444787_51b27841af_t.jpg [/img][/url][img]

http://static.flickr.com/121/303450686_25fd8ec55d_t.jpg [/img][img]

http://static.flickr.com/108/303452454_661496bb9c_t.jpg [/img]
A helmet saved my life
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Previous

Return to General discussion