open topic, for anything cycling related.

Postby daacha » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:04 am

Hi guys,

I've been lurking on here for a while and enjoy the great info that is available. I'm a roadie with a Giant OCR1 and ride mostly on the M7 and the bike paths around Western Sydney and occasionally on the crit track outside Dunc Grey velodrome. I also enjoy the odd MTB ride in the Blue Mountains.

daacha
daacha

by BNA » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:12 am

BNA

Postby heavymetal » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:12 am

Welcome daacha.

There's plenty of good info here. However don't believe some of us old guys. Our tales might be a bit long in the tooth :D

I'm a tourer on the opposite coast in WA. I did live at the bottom of the Blue Mountains at one stage, but was not riding back then. There would have to be some really good rides in that area. Including coming down that hill into Nth Richmond.

Kev.
heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: New member

Postby giant1 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:26 pm

daacha wrote:Hi guys,

I've been lurking on here for a while and enjoy the great info that is available. I'm a roadie with a Giant OCR1 and ride mostly on the M7 and the bike paths around Western Sydney and occasionally on the crit track outside Dunc Grey velodrome. I also enjoy the odd MTB ride in the Blue Mountains.

daacha

Hi Daacha

I ride the same areas as you. Sometimes on a road bike Orbea Urkiola (just purchased) and sometimes on a mountain bike Giant Anthem.

I am a refugee from a previous sporting life with only one good hip left :cry:

I have been riding for only a little over 12 months. Recently met up with a bunch of guys who race so I ride with them on their training runs. I enjoyed riding by myself but find the challenge of keeping up with others a lot more fun.

Anyhow see around some time.
giant1

Postby daacha » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi giant1,

Maybe i'll see you out there some time. I'll be the guy struggling up the hills. :lol:

daacha
daacha

Postby Mr888 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:55 pm

I might catch both of you guys if you ride the prospect and liverpool/parramatta trails.

The prospect trails links to the M7 (at several places- horsley dr, saxony rd and villiers rd).

I occasionally do the M7, so look out for a blue Avanti with red wheels. The forum sticker on the top tube will give me away. :wink:
Mr888

Return to General discussion