Cloth for the Lycra Haters

bowie

Re: Cloth for the Lycra Haters

Postby bowie » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:15 pm

more often then not I'm ridding my bike in "normal cloth"

Actually this morning I managed to little trundle with my mate and t'was the first time I had my "kit" on for... heck.. months :P

ajh_ausnzcf

Postby ajh_ausnzcf » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:29 pm

Attire tends to set the mind for most people. Eg. If you're not wearing the Lycra you're not cycling, if you're swimming you're wearing a swimsuit.

Lycra is a high performance fiber made into high performance clothing, some people, not all, but some people think they are high performance and hence they wear Lycra. They have the Lycratude.
Axles A Randonee O Noodle.

"Doc, just tell me straight ... am I going to die?"

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:43 pm

What I can't figure is why a prat in a cap and pink cuffs suddenly gets called fashionable.

In the 50's and 60's, little schoolboys were dressed up in uniforms like that just so the elder boys could feel really superior about it. Eventually, everyone got to feel fully superior the day they graduated from wearing those dumb looking caps to a real akubra felt hat and "senior boys" uniform.

The retro school-boy look could do something for older gutter crawling pedophiles fantasizing about very young rent-boy talent :shock: - very good reason for us to stick with our lycra.

Pretty and coy as the fringes and bikini look might seem on some ladies, I'm happy for them to stick with lycra too - if they're in a good shape, lycra reveals the real beauty without the window-dressing.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:12 pm

wombatK wrote:In the 50's and 60's, little schoolboys were dressed up in uniforms like that just so the elder boys could feel really superior about it. Eventually, everyone got to feel fully superior the day they graduated from wearing those dumb looking caps to a real akubra felt hat and "senior boys" uniform.

The retro school-boy look could do something for older gutter crawling pedophiles fantasizing about very young rent-boy talent :shock: - very good reason for us to stick with our lycra.
Go and tell ths guy he's a 'little schoolboy'...

Or a 'gutter-crawling pedophile'... go on!

In the UK and European world without compulsory helmets, caps keep heads warm on winter rides. And minimal brims prevent them from getting blown off. Got to see you on a fast bunch ride in an Akubra :P
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

hartleymartin

Postby hartleymartin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Don't knock cycling caps - my favourite comic book character wears them ALL THE TIME!
Martin Christopher Hartley

http://raleightwenty.webs.com - the top web resource for the Raleigh Twenty

Lark2004

Postby Lark2004 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:44 pm

munga wrote: personally, i think that as long as you're riding, wear what you want :mrgreen:
+1
Andrew

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:14 pm

No Lycra allowed here:

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:07 pm

il padrone wrote: Go and tell this guy he's a 'little schoolboy'...
Isn't he wearing lycra ? No chance of mistaking him for a junior school boy methinks. :lol:

Won't say anything more about your winter cyclists' cap other than that it is just a little more functional than the junior school caps. Whether either is functional enough is amply discussed in the recent helmet threads... :roll:
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

martinjs

Postby martinjs » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Lark2004 wrote:
munga wrote: personally, i think that as long as you're riding, wear what you want :mrgreen:
+1
+2
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:35 am

G'day

Andrew