- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:43 pm
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
Sugar will help, caffeine will hinder (in physical terms), by decreasing your ability to absorb water.
They might give you a boost short term because of the stimulant effect.
- Posts: 2016
- Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:36 pm
Sunday went okay with 'Up and go' (mainly as a time saver - 10 seconds compared to 10 minutes making up the equivalent) and a banana and few 'snakes' pre race. Also noticed a lot of riders using them as well.
I'm going to use the Endura (on longer rides, etc) since sweating is a big part of life up here when riding.
I looked at bottled gatorade and powerade but at least with the powdered goods I can mix it weaker if I want to too. I know one or both of them can be purchased as a powder but I'll stick with what I've been using.
- Posts: 7488
- Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
LuckyPierre wrote:There's a learned article by the AIS regarding the use of caffiene as a supplement.
Interesting how expensive the sugar/caffiene hits are from the V/Red Bull/Mother "energy" drinks are when compared to a "strong" cup of coffee !!!
- Posts: 7333
- Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
- Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears
- Posts: 1817
- Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:38 pm
- Location: Warrnambool
- Posts: 1337
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:45 pm
- Location: New Farm, Brisbane
But as a general rule I stay away from it because after a while your body becomes dependent for a pick up.
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:20 pm
- Location: Cranbourne, Victoria
- Super Mod
- Posts: 1381
- Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:32 pm
- Super Mod
- Posts: 17257
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
- Location: Tempe, Sydney
heavymetal wrote:I drink water when riding. Good old tap water. It's free too.
If you want a good energy boost when riding, just imagine that you are chasing someone in a car that just attempted to run you off of the road. Works for me everytime.
Burn plenty of Glycogen
Frame Size Calculator
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: eldavo
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.