Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:43 pm
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
Sugar will help, caffeine will hinder (in physical terms), by decreasing your ability to absorb water.
They might give you a boost short term because of the stimulant effect.
- Posts: 2016
- Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:36 pm
Sunday went okay with 'Up and go' (mainly as a time saver - 10 seconds compared to 10 minutes making up the equivalent) and a banana and few 'snakes' pre race. Also noticed a lot of riders using them as well.
I'm going to use the Endura (on longer rides, etc) since sweating is a big part of life up here when riding.
I looked at bottled gatorade and powerade but at least with the powdered goods I can mix it weaker if I want to too. I know one or both of them can be purchased as a powder but I'll stick with what I've been using.
- Posts: 8512
- Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
LuckyPierre wrote:There's a learned article by the AIS regarding the use of caffiene as a supplement.
Interesting how expensive the sugar/caffiene hits are from the V/Red Bull/Mother "energy" drinks are when compared to a "strong" cup of coffee !!!
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
- Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears
- Posts: 1817
- Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:38 pm
- Location: Warrnambool
- Posts: 1337
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:45 pm
- Location: New Farm, Brisbane
But as a general rule I stay away from it because after a while your body becomes dependent for a pick up.
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:20 pm
- Location: Cranbourne, Victoria
- Super Mod
- Posts: 1381
- Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:32 pm
- Super Mod
- Posts: 18624
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:42 pm
- Location: Tempe, Sydney
heavymetal wrote:I drink water when riding. Good old tap water. It's free too.
If you want a good energy boost when riding, just imagine that you are chasing someone in a car that just attempted to run you off of the road. Works for me everytime.
Burn plenty of Glycogen
Frame Size Calculator
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.