Wonderful Wiggle

BrettGG

Wonderful Wiggle

Postby BrettGG » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:08 pm

I ordered a box of goodies from Wiggle last Wednesday night at 11pm and they have just been delivered to me in Melbourne. That's 6 days with a 4 day long weekend in the middle.

I paid using PayPal and got exactly what I wanted at rediculous pricing even with the AU$ at 71c to the US$.

Great service Wiggle!!!!!
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

JV911

Re: Wonderful Wiggle

Postby JV911 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 pm

what was the order value and postage cost?
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

BrettGG

Postby BrettGG » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:29 pm

JV911 wrote:what was the order value and postage cost?
Order value was $230 and postage was free.

Caelum

Postby Caelum » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:33 pm

With any luck my order should arrive soon then... Think i put it in on tues/wed last week... i expect an extra day or two being sent through to perth though :)

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Given the above dates, my order placed today (non-expedited - cheapskate...... didn't want to pay the extra $8.65 :roll: ) should arrive by Monday :D :D :D

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:57 pm

MichaelB wrote:Given the above dates, my order placed today (non-expedited - cheapskate...... didn't want to pay the extra $8.65 :roll: ) should arrive by Monday :D :D :D
Just be aware that if you and I ordered the same product and there was only one in stock but I paid the extra expedited costs then you would be left waiting for the item to come back into stock and I would have taken your order due to me paying the extra. I have never heard of someone having this happen too them but that is how there system works so just a heads up if you didn't know. My out of stock item arrived today as well while the other items landed last week so even if there out of stock there turn around is quick so I highly recommend Wiggles.

I ordered some spokes here in Oz and it's now been 7 weeks so who the hell would purchase in this country when you have the USA and UK than can have the goods on your door step within a week at half or below half the Oz cost. I firmly believe in stimulating the USA and UK markets ours just sucks in all areas............... :?

JV911

Postby JV911 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:02 pm

BrettGG wrote:Order value was $230 and postage was free.
nice

bit better than the £50 postage for the £30 gillet that cyclestore.co.uk quoted my last week :shock:
wiggle didnt have my size in stock. ended up buying locally
Last edited by JV911 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:05 pm

BrettGG wrote:I paid using PayPal and got exactly what I wanted at rediculous pricing even with the AU$ at 71c to the US$.
G'day

Has Wiggle moved from the UK to the US? :) I suspect the British Pound exchange rate is more important here :)

Andrew

BrettGG

Postby BrettGG » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Aushiker wrote:
BrettGG wrote:I paid using PayPal and got exactly what I wanted at rediculous pricing even with the AU$ at 71c to the US$.
G'day

Has Wiggle moved from the UK to the US? :) I suspect the British Pound exchange rate is more important here :)

Andrew
Andrew, 49p to the AU$.

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:27 pm

In line with the general tone of the OP...

last year I ordered 2 x Mavic OpenPro silver rims in 32 hole 700c, about as bog standard an item as you can hope to purchase, through my LBS, cause they were 'out of stock'. They took 3 months to arrive; I know that because I waited rather than buy them online from the US where I could get them delivered to my door within 5 working days and cheaper than here.

My conclusion: importers and suppliers are rubbish. Simply rubbish. The LBS did what it could, but really, who is the joke on?

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:26 pm

rustychisel wrote:My conclusion: importers and suppliers are rubbish. Simply rubbish. The LBS did what it could, but really, who is the joke on?
+1. I try to support the LBS, but the wholesalers and importers here make it hard to justify. 20-25% more than overseas before freight you could possibly swallow due to our small market. But 70-100% higher than offshore - freight paid - when we're actually closer to the point of manufacture (Taiwan or China), it's clear that someone is profiteering, is appallingly inefficient in their cost structures, or both. And I don't think it's the shops.

sharktamin

Postby sharktamin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:20 pm

rustychisel wrote:My conclusion: importers and suppliers are rubbish. Simply rubbish. The LBS did what it could, but really, who is the joke on?
The joke is on the LBS who could have ordered them online, charged you a bit more for there time and delivered in five days making you a happy customer.

Caelum

Postby Caelum » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:38 pm

sharktamin wrote:
The joke is on the LBS who could have ordered them online, charged you a bit more for there time and delivered in five days making you a happy customer.

And would then have to deal with warranty all on their own, rather than having distributor provided warranty support.

superbarok

Postby superbarok » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:21 pm

never had trouble from wiggle. i hope it doesn't end up like the other uk online bike shop where credit cards used had been tampered with. :x

PAIN - this TOO will pass