back/neck ache

bigbuzz73
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Melbourne

Postby bigbuzz73 » Wed May 09, 2007 12:01 pm

europa wrote:Normally, I'd agree with the blokes saying 'do it yourself', 'don't pay that much', etc. In Wayne's case, he has definite spinal problems and the solution could well be a lot more than just adjusting things. THAT is why I recommened Kennedy's Cycle Fit - not only does he get a specialist fitting, but they make bikes and hence should be more open to changing components to get the right result.

Richard

Thanks Richard. I think I definately will give them a call. If they can make more comfy on the bike, I'll do heaps more Klms. I've (foolishly :wink: ) entered the Around the Bay in a Day 250Klm ride so I need to get lots of klms under the old body!
Wayne

User avatar
europa
Posts: 7333
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Wed May 09, 2007 12:03 pm

bigbuzz73 wrote:I've (foolishly :wink: ) entered the Around the Bay in a Day 250Klm ride so I need to get lots of klms under the old body!
Wayne


Ya twit. You're supposed to survive cycling so you can do lots of it :wink:

Hope it works out for you mate.

Richard

User avatar
tuco
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:36 pm

Postby tuco » Wed May 09, 2007 12:22 pm

MJF wrote:
tuco wrote:There's an excellent article on this site about how to pedal. It improved my pedalling giving me more power and stamina.


How about a link, Tuco, to save us from looking through all the posts.

And if it's that good, how about getting it made into a sticky or added to the FAQ's.


Here it is

It's meant for hill climbing but it also works for flat road.

Maybe a mod could add it to the FAQ section with credit given the the author.

bigbuzz73
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Melbourne

Postby bigbuzz73 » Wed May 09, 2007 1:13 pm

europa wrote:
bigbuzz73 wrote:I've (foolishly :wink: ) entered the Around the Bay in a Day 250Klm ride so I need to get lots of klms under the old body!
Wayne


Ya twit. You're supposed to survive cycling so you can do lots of it :wink:

Hope it works out for you mate.

Richard

Yeah, your right Richard. But I've never been very smart! :roll:
I've always followed the strategy of "A ton of guts and no brains"! Hehehe
Wayne

User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 28307
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Postby Mulger bill » Thu May 10, 2007 12:06 am

bigbuzz73 wrote:Thanks Richard. I think I definately will give them a call. If they can make more comfy on the bike, I'll do heaps more Klms. I've (foolishly :wink: ) entered the Around the Bay in a Day 250Klm ride so I need to get lots of klms under the old body!
Wayne


The big one! Go Wayne, keep us up to date please mate.

Shaun

bigbuzz73
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Melbourne

Postby bigbuzz73 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:37 am

Mulger bill wrote:
bigbuzz73 wrote:Thanks Richard. I think I definately will give them a call. If they can make more comfy on the bike, I'll do heaps more Klms. I've (foolishly :wink: ) entered the Around the Bay in a Day 250Klm ride so I need to get lots of klms under the old body!
Wayne


The big one! Go Wayne, keep us up to date please mate.

Shaun

Thanks Shaun,
I'm a bit nervous about the 250km. Apart from it being a bloody long way for someone who hasn't had a lifetime of cycling experience, I've been told that most of the entrants (2500 limit this year) are pros, AIS, ex-pros, etc. I expect to be last home of the 2500! :oops:
But I'm only doing for a personal challenge. This time last year I was so unfit I couldn't walk out of sight on a dark night! All the family think I won't make it except for my daughter. her comment was "Dad is such a stubborn old buggar he will linmp home carrying it if he has to, but he'll finish". I wish I shared Ellen's confidence!
Who else is having a crack at this ride?
Wayne

User avatar
europa
Posts: 7333
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Thu May 10, 2007 9:21 am

Just have a good crack at it. Use a HR monitor and keep your HR low. Drink and eat well on the trip. Don't chase anyone, particularly ancient old ladies - they've probably been doing it all their lives. Have a good go and it doesn't matter where you finish or how far you go. :wink:

Richard

MJF
Posts: 972
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:18 pm

Postby MJF » Thu May 10, 2007 10:24 am

tuco wrote:
MJF wrote:
tuco wrote:There's an excellent article on this site about how to pedal. It improved my pedalling giving me more power and stamina.


How about a link, Tuco, to save us from looking through all the posts.

And if it's that good, how about getting it made into a sticky or added to the FAQ's.


Here it is

It's meant for hill climbing but it also works for flat road.

Maybe a mod could add it to the FAQ section with credit given the the author.


Hmmm... Sounds like the technique Sheldon Brown refers to as 'ankling'. Might be worthwhile adding some additional warnings.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cp123, Hildalgo, stavros59