open topic, for anything cycling related.
22 posts • Page 1 of 1
To do list :
1. Winning a race - Check.
2. Winning a race with more than 2 riders in it - Still working on that.
3. 100 km in a day - Check.
4. 200 km in a week - Tomorrow!
5. Riding 50+ km/h with no drafting and not down hill. - Check (today - 52 km/h)
6. 1000 km in a month. - Maybe in the off season.
Tomorrow I'm aiming to do number 2 and number 4 in the same race. Number 2 is a certainty. Number 4, well we'll have to see.
Less than a year ago I wouldn't have expected to do any of them, especially number 5.
It's the old joke, "Sicks muns a go I koodnt spell ciclist, now I are one."
Anyone else have any items to add?
sort of cycling related, but in the next five years i would like to do an ironman triathlon, 180km ride, 3kms swim 42km run
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." -Lance Armstrong
To do list:
- wash the rotten thing
- ride too far in too short a time on mother's day hence ensuring I'm late for the mother's day picnic and late for picking up my son from his mother's
- mow the jungle that used to be a lawn so the dog doesn't get lost anymore
- fit new brake levers to Europa and ride insane distances on her in an attempt to convince myself to make the brackets for the new calipers (see, a project is more fun if you can stretch it out with lots of therapeutic procrastination)
- get the Mauve Monster good and muddy
Did I see your daughter visiting this forum?
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple
1. 100km in a day - I came very close last weekend with ~90km.
2. Sydney to Wollongong - It'll probably be the same ride as # 1. I may do this in the next few weeks.
3. 160km in a day - Imperial century!
4. Sydney to Canberra in a day - 250-300km depending on start/end points, the thread in the NSW forum got me thinking about this one. This won't be before the days start getting longer again in spring.
6. Save up enough vacation to give bicycle touring a go.
Once I've gotten used to it I'm hoping my new 'bent will help a bit with increasing endurance due to the comfy riding position and good aerodynamics.
There's a silly one I've always wanted to do and that's in a criterium or our other road race we do in laps is throw my drink bottle to the side of the ride as I ride past the on lookers.
I told my wife that one months ago and she asked why and I said because the professionals do it.
Thats like the footballer who lives next to my grandparents...he is 7yrs old. Every morning he is out on the front lawn before school kicking the footy. Nowadays tho he has a new addition to his kit, a glove. Mimicing Quentin Lynch (Eagles) everytime he pretends to kick a goal, he throws his glove metres away, then lines up and kicks. Hilarious stuff Any reason why? Nope just coz the pro's do it! Thats great motivation Tuco
1. Finish 'Enzo' (my Ferrari red project)
2. 160 km ride (I've done 100 km already)
3. 1,500 metres climbing in one ride (max. 1,100 metres so far)
4. Hartley LifeCare Ability Challenge (Canberra-Kosciuszko-Canberra over 3 days)
5. Kosciuszko to the coast
6. Ride over to see my Mum (in Adelaide)
At the moment, I'd actually be happy to finish a ride without a flat - my last six weekend rides have all had flats. I wish I had never said my Open Corsa Evo's were proving to be robust! It's all been bad since then.
Leave for race on time. check done.
Replace rear tyre. check done.
Wash bike. Well 2 out of 3 aint bad.
Burn plenty of Glycogen
Frame Size Calculator.....Park Tools Repair Guides Frame Size Calculator.....Rolling Resistance.....Rolling Performance.....Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Technical Info
training log.....Body-Mass Index, Waist-to-Height Ratio, Basal Metaboic Rate
Bicycle FAQs.....Bicycle Safety.....Cadence in Cycling.....Types of Bicycles
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?
Hey tuco how'd you go with your race? Coz you sure were confident by the looks
It's a long story and I'll write up a race report thread for it shortly.
My list :
1. Ride more than I am - bloody weather
2. Enter and complete the last 3 Mini Slams (60km, 80km and 100km)
3. Make every ride over 30km/hr average speed (even hilly ones)
4. Enter & complete "Sea to the Vines" ride in October 100km
4a. Stretch target - Don't wuss out on the "Sea to the Vines" ride and start at Eagle on the Hill - do the extra 20km and ride up the Eagle
5. Enter and complete the "TdU" Long Participation Ride
6. Get below & maintain > 90kg body weight (5 and a bit to go)
Hey Tuco - how far did you maintain > 50km/hr on a flat for ? I can do 49 but not for very long at all
Just far enough then - just like 51% in an exam, no need to do more !!!
I find then when trying to do a sprint, I get set in the right gear (cadence about 90) and usually doing 30km/hr, and then go a fast as I can for as long as I can.
Typically the effort lasts about 150 - 200m, and I usually get to 47 - 49km/hr, but topped to 52.36 with a slight tailwind
Not having someone to push with makes it a bit harder though.
Having a target to chase helps a lot. If I feel like a sprint I'll give the targets a good head start.
Updating check list.
4. 200km in a week - check.
Almost did number 8 Throw bottle off during the race but the onlookers were too close on Sunday.
This is like 'My name is Earl' with his 'list'.
22 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users