Malvern Star TV ad... Legend

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Malvern Star TV ad... Legend

Postby bowie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:16 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I love a pre-lunch slander.

but yeah.. those adds.. total rubbish. So glad they are less frequent on SBS now.
b is for bicycle :D
bowie

by BNA » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:20 pm

BNA

Postby JV911 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:20 pm

im_no_pro wrote:
bowie wrote:Is this where I say I'd never buy one of those those stupid steel bicycles because they are s***?

Fixed it for ya :wink: :lol:

you're doing it wrong
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

JV911

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:37 pm

JV911 wrote:
im_no_pro wrote:
bowie wrote:Is this where I say I'd never buy one of those those stupid steel bicycles because they are s***?

you're doing it wrong

My bad. You win. I bow to your superiority. :lol:
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Joeblake » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Here he is. My cycling hero ...

Joe
To acquire immunity to eloquence is of the utmost importance to the citizens of a democracy
Bertrand Russell
Many people feel their lifestyle has a high price, but they're quite cool with that .. as long as somebody ELSE pays the price.
Joeblake

Postby Thomas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:20 pm

Can do and done

thanks brother!

as much as i liked my original comment, i thought i would keep it friendly :)
Thomas

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Thomas wrote:
thanks brother!

Welcome 8)

Thomas wrote:as much as i liked my original comment, i thought i would keep it friendly :)

It's a fine line isnt it :twisted:
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mszczerba » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi Im No Pro,

There is no involvement as you put it, just support for a great legend, that was all! Why on earth did you misread what i had put onto this site in the first place!

Thankyou. Jealous cause he gets more attention than you!!!!!

Anyway, you definitely misread and misinterpreted what was put on the site, that is for sure, there is no harm in supporting legends and what they have done for the sport!!!!!

Maria Szczerba
5/8/09
mszczerba

Postby RICHARDH » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:15 pm

IT WAS AN ADVERT!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)
RICHARDH

Postby Joeblake » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:23 pm

mszczerba wrote: Jealous cause he gets more attention than you!!!!!

Yes, that's what advertising is about. Somebody paying a CRAPTON of money to have attention paid to their product, regardless of what it is and how good/bad it is.

:lol: :lol:

Joe
To acquire immunity to eloquence is of the utmost importance to the citizens of a democracy
Bertrand Russell
Many people feel their lifestyle has a high price, but they're quite cool with that .. as long as somebody ELSE pays the price.
Joeblake

Postby Fletcher » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Is this where I say I'd never buy one of those those stupid Malvern Star bicycles because they are s***?

Never mind. Give Phil a few good punches in the fanny and you might not have to pay for one. :lol:
Fletcher

Postby brauluver » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:45 pm

mszczerba wrote:Sorry but I am not saying anything further on this matter.

Maria Szczerba
5/8/09

mszczerba wrote:Hi Im No Pro,

There is no involvement as you put it, just support for a great legend, that was all! Why on earth did you misread what i had put onto this site in the first place!

Anyway, you definitely misread and misinterpreted what was put on the site, that is for sure, there is no harm in supporting legends and what they have done for the sport!!!!!

Maria Szczerba
5/8/09

:roll:
brauluver

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:53 pm

mszczerba wrote:Hi Im No Pro,

Maria Szczerba
5/8/09

[sarcasm]Congratulations for addressing only one part of my post[/sarcasm]. No jealousy here, I think most of my friends, colleagues and acquiantances would describe me as more of a wallflower than an attention wh*re. And no I didn't misread or misinterpret your comment. I quoted it directly and asked for clarification. Which I now have. Thanks.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby fitz » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:56 pm

Time to lock this one, me-thimks all is not well in some corners.
Can I have some of these?
fitz

Postby bowie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:25 pm

but its just getting interesting

i say lets do an IP trace :twisted:
b is for bicycle :D
bowie

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:52 pm

im_no_pro wrote:
bowie wrote:Is this where I say I'd never buy one of those those stupid Giant bicycles because they are s***?

Someone angling for a 48hr ban :?: :P

[mod helmet]A pity I missed all the edits, seems like a few slaps coulda been in order. That's quite suprising and a little disappointing to tell the truth.
I agree that one or two noob posts were shall we say, not well composed, but the level of bile that flowed back is totally not BNA.
Play nice please kiddies or I might have to introduce Tiddles the cat to your sandbox.[/mod helmet]

Y'know, I don't reckon the M-S ad was aimed at us per se, more a way of getting noob attention.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:10 am

Mulger bill wrote:
im_no_pro wrote:
bowie wrote:Is this where I say I'd never buy one of those those stupid Giant bicycles because they are s***?

Someone angling for a 48hr ban :?: :P

:twisted: Was intended to rub someone else up. Forgot you are touchy on Giants as well :lol:

Mulger Bill wrote:[mod helmet]A pity I missed all the edits, seems like a few slaps coulda been in order. That's quite suprising and a little disappointing to tell the truth.
I agree that one or two noob posts were shall we say, not well composed, but the level of bile that flowed back is totally not BNA.
Play nice please kiddies or I might have to introduce Tiddles the cat to your sandbox.[/mod helmet]

Y'know, I don't reckon the M-S ad was aimed at us per se, more a way of getting noob attention.

Shaun

:? The edits weren't actually overly bad IMO, but was quite happy to edit my post to remove the quote upon the request of he who originally posted it and obviously better removed in hindsight. Im standing by my comments however as they were not intended as (entirely) inflammatory, if in your infinite moderator wisdom you see a need for them to change, you know where to find me :)

Just to be clear, there is no intended sarcasm here
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:26 am

"Infinite moderator wisdom"? Not here mate. Just trying to keep things nice, there's been a shortage of spambots to ban lately.

Not singling you out here NoPro, there's been a little nastiness from quite a few members on a lot of threads in the last few days and IMO it hasn't added to the discussion and detracts from the overall pleasant atmosphere that usually permeates the place.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Joeblake » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:26 am

Mulger bill wrote:[mod helmet]A pity I missed all the edits, seems like a few slaps coulda been in order. That's quite suprising and a little disappointing to tell the truth

I think it was simply a matter of bad timing. If you check the posting times, the original post by Thomas was amended (of his own volition) BEFORE im-no-pro made his post with the (removed) quote intact. I wasn't sure if im-no-pro was aware that it had already been edited and was just bringing that fact to his attention. I actually never saw Thomas' unedited post, it was removed so quickly, and only saw the quote in im-no-pro's subsequent post, so in effect any offending text would only have been visible for a couple of minutes at the most.

If I might venture an opinion I'd suggest that rather than a slap or two perhaps something more positive, as the whole thing was handled very quickly and with good humour all round.

Joe
Last edited by Joeblake on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bertrand Russell
Joeblake

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:33 am

Mulger bill wrote:"Infinite moderator wisdom"? Not here mate. Just trying to keep things nice, there's been a shortage of spambots to ban lately.

Not singling you out here NoPro, there's been a little nastiness from quite a few members on a lot of threads in the last few days and IMO it hasn't added to the discussion and detracts from the overall pleasant atmosphere that usually permeates the place.

Shaun

Wasnt feeling singled out, just making sure im above board :D And a shortage of spambots is not necessarily a bad thing.

Joeblake - you are 100% correct. Only reason mine was not edited quicker was that I didnt come back to the thread and see the posts for a while, a pm would have seen me edit it sooner (but the outcome was still achieved pretty quickly nonetheless)
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:39 am

Fair enough Joe, your opinion is noted and accepted. I'm at a loss as to how to apply a positive spin to something unseen tho', any advice gratefully accepted. No doubt most of you have noticed my reticence in jumping in to the flames boots an' all, I agree that most times these issues will sort themselves out amicably. As I said originally, I found it suprising that it got as bad as it did before self moderation kicked in.

Shaun
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Joeblake » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 am

Mulger bill wrote:I'm at a loss as to how to apply a positive spin to something unseen tho', any advice gratefully accepted. No doubt most of you have noticed my reticence in jumping in to the flames boots an' all, I agree that most times these issues will sort themselves out amicably. As I said originally, I found it suprising that it got as bad as it did before self moderation kicked in.

Shaun

I was really only speaking in the "hypothetical". You said some slaps "may" have been in order. Perhaps if you'd been watching the matter develop you "may" have had a different view.

In any case, we've arrived where we are, safe and sound.

:lol:

Joe
Bertrand Russell
Joeblake

Postby mszczerba » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:39 pm

:lol:
To Im No Pro,

I intend to be on board for quite a long time and I say nothing but the truth and Good things come in small packages but I can say this - I am no troll as you have said!!!!!
This person is a great person and one who has achieved a lot, so dont use the word troll for no-one is!!! Dont worry, you do not hurt my feelings or my pride, I am far ahead of your intelligence and what you say on this site!!!
I am a great cyclist and gym person and have achieved quite a lot.
My quote was what I had said.
By the way, not nice to have said what you have said - wallflower and w.......! That I am not. What an insult to me and those that know me!!!!
Subject is now closed.
Maria Szczerba
6/8/09
mszczerba

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:09 pm

mszczerba wrote:Subject is now closed.
Maria Szczerba
6/8/09

Maria,

Although you don't get a say on whether or not the subject is closed, it might be best if you try to refrain from responding to any further posts in this thread. Your last post is sure to draw some comments which may not be complimentary. If and when they come, we'll have to lock the thread for a little while.

I trust your superior intelligence has already allowed you to deduce this probable course of events.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:34 pm

im_no_pro wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:"Infinite moderator wisdom"? Not here mate. Just trying to keep things nice, there's been a shortage of spambots to ban lately.

Shaun

Wasnt feeling singled out, just making sure im above board :D And a shortage of spambots is not necessarily a bad thing.

Shaun only thinks there's a shortage of SpamBots. The truth is I've killed 'em off before he has dragged his butt out of bed each morning. It's the early Mod that gets the 'bots! :)

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mszczerba » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi,

Will keep talking but if there are any posts, well and good.
I will always support those who have supported no matter who they are.
So, on this site - It is alright to put slander words and then have letters taken out!!!!
Maybe you should read what was put up.
Dont worry, will be keeping it friendly.
You dont control me and what I would like to say - Person in Fremantle WA.

Maria Szczerba
6/8/09
mszczerba

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion