The Dumb Cyclists and Pedestrians thread...

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: The Dumb Cyclists and Pedestrians thread...

Postby skull » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Summernight wrote:May as well put this guy here too, as it was a dumb move:

This morning I was shaking my head as to why this cyclist did this:

Some people just want to be out the front all the time. I had a running group and there was this one person who was the slowest runner out of the group. As we were running through the Hobart CBD we would have to stop occasionally at traffic lights, she would catch up then move to the front of the group waiting at the light.
skull

by BNA » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:48 pm

BNA

Postby TheWall » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:48 pm

^^^ wish ya had a rear comers to catch his face as you took off around him!

Was a bit silly. Who rides in denim anyhow!
TheWall

Postby CXCommuter » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:50 pm

yugyug wrote:
CXCommuter wrote:
il padrone wrote:Yeah, I didn't comment, but....... a straight empty road behind? Not too many words to speak :?

Looks like I need to comment further for those that think cyclists don't need to abide by the law, weaving all over the road on a narrow road with one hand on the handlebars fixated on a mobile (texting) and plenty of bogan drivers around looking to cut you off and not wearing a helmet (doing way over the speed limit regularly on a typical rat run). I call these actions plenty dumb.

Not going to comment about the other stuff, maybe ur right, but as for not wearing a helmet, who gives a flying f--k. Grow up.

Don't write condescening BS to me m8- I wrote my viewpoint above, just because we don't consider a law useful or appropriate doesn't make it any less illegal.

I am sick of w##kers everywhere who consider their own opinions mean they can act and behave above the law and post inane putdowns on forums.
CXCommuter

Postby human909 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:02 pm

CXCommuter wrote:just because we don't consider a law useful or appropriate doesn't make it any less illegal.

Yep, and nobody is denying the illegality. However many laws are inappropriate or unsuitable. Many other infractions are harmless and inconsequential.

CXCommuter wrote:I am sick of w##kers everywhere who consider their own opinions mean they can act and behave above the law and post inane putdowns on forums.

Are you seriously suggesting here that you have never broken a law? Never not fully stopped completely when passing a STOP sign? Never parked you car longer than the regulated time? Never ridden a bicycle without a bell?

Your attitudes are worsening the intolerance on our roads not helping things.
human909

Postby yugyug » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:07 pm

CXCommuter wrote:
yugyug wrote:
CXCommuter wrote:[quote="il padrone"]Yeah, I didn't comment, but....... a straight empty road behind? Not too many words to speak :?

Looks like I need to comment further for those that think cyclists don't need to abide by the law, weaving all over the road on a narrow road with one hand on the handlebars fixated on a mobile (texting) and plenty of bogan drivers around looking to cut you off and not wearing a helmet (doing way over the speed limit regularly on a typical rat run). I call these actions plenty dumb.

Not going to comment about the other stuff, maybe ur right, but as for not wearing a helmet, who gives a flying f--k. Grow up.

Don't write condescening BS to me m8- I wrote my viewpoint above, just because we don't consider a law useful or appropriate doesn't make it any less illegal.

I am sick of w##kers everywhere who consider their own opinions mean they can act and behave above the law and post inane putdowns on forums.[/quote]

You didn't just call it illegal, you called it dumb, so there is your condescending, inane putdown right there, hypocrite.
yugyug

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:27 pm

Summernight wrote:...and I must admit I let out a few words... :oops:

Gonna call you on that Summer, bloke WAS, he really, really was. :mrgreen:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby CXCommuter » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:28 pm

human909 wrote:
CXCommuter wrote:just because we don't consider a law useful or appropriate doesn't make it any less illegal.

Yep, and nobody is denying the illegality. However many laws are inappropriate or unsuitable. Many other infractions are harmless and inconsequential.

CXCommuter wrote:I am sick of w##kers everywhere who consider their own opinions mean they can act and behave above the law and post inane putdowns on forums.

Are you seriously suggesting here that you have never broken a law? Never not fully stopped completely when passing a STOP sign? Never parked you car longer than the regulated time? Never ridden a bicycle without a bell?

Your attitudes are worsening the intolerance on our roads not helping things.

Yes I have no tolerance at all to anything other than my own opinions and ideals- nothing else matters to me- I am a selfish self absorbed twit who makes inane stupid comments on internet forums and yes my goal is to have all cyclists either killed by arrogant angry drivers or registered
CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Oh sorry Yugyug I called it dumb because it happens to be the title of this thread :idea: I can now add being a hypocrite to my BNA resume along with still needing a pacifier unlike the gods of BNA (who co-exist right alongside the bananavore). What positive behaviour can I add tommorrow to my BNA resume
CXCommuter

Postby yugyug » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:57 am

Punctuation marks?

;)
yugyug

Postby Summernight » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:48 am

TheWall wrote:^^^ wish ya had a rear comers to catch his face as you took off around him!

Was a bit silly. Who rides in denim anyhow!

I do have a rear camera. I hadn't bothered to look at the footage until you reminded me (I thought the handlebar got the point across fine. :P)

Because you asked so nicely for it:

(I turn left further up)

Mulger bill wrote:
Summernight wrote:...and I must admit I let out a few words... :oops:

Gonna call you on that Summer, bloke WAS, he really, really was. :mrgreen:

Was wasted on him though as he was in his own world with his headphones in and the studious "You don't exist" stance. :P
Summernight

Postby il padrone » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:01 am

Pretty sure this guy has a tit-envy thing going on (as he don't have the cojones for any peni$-envy) :D
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

Postby CXCommuter » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:58 am

In light of this great video, which to me is missing one aspect for cyclists
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9JJ-JHrT2E8

The wheelsuckerer

Had time to waste- found this wheelsucker from last night (did not know he was there after I overtook him- and no I did not wheelsuck him).

Yes, this is probably hypocritical, immature and rude but so what :) if you DGAF don't comment
CXCommuter

Postby fat and old » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:30 pm

yugyug wrote:stuff

What's wrong with you? Yesty you called me selfish because I don't care if you (or anyone else) wears a helmet or not. Should I have flounced around like a 9 year old girl then?

Gee whilekers... You're just a bloke that rides a bloke, not Nelson Mandela :lol:
fat and old

Postby RedlandSteve » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:03 pm

fat and old wrote:
yugyug wrote:stuff
Gee whilekers... You're just a bloke that rides a bike, not Nelson Mandela :lol:

Epic typo :lol: FTFY
RedlandSteve

Postby fat and old » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:53 pm

:lol: :lol:

Sorry Yug, didn't mean to insinuate you ride blokes. Not that there's anything wrong with that :lol:

Stoopid iphone
fat and old

Postby biker jk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:36 pm

il padrone wrote:Pretty sure this guy has a tit-envy thing going on (as he don't have the cojones for any peni$-envy) :D

Yes and boy did he pedal like stink to try and catch up. :lol: Interesting pedaling style as well.
biker jk

Postby human909 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:42 pm

TheWall wrote:Who rides in denim anyhow!

Me! Most of the time! :mrgreen: I ride in the clothes I am wearing for the day, and most of the time that is jeans of some sort :mrgreen: .
human909

Postby biker jk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:15 pm

human909 wrote:
TheWall wrote:Who rides in denim anyhow!

Me! Most of the time! :mrgreen: I ride in the clothes I am wearing for the day, and most of the time that is jeans of some sort :mrgreen: .

You're such a Pantani copycat.

biker jk

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:54 pm

biker jk wrote:
il padrone wrote:Pretty sure this guy has a tit-envy thing going on (as he don't have the cojones for any peni$-envy) :D

Yes and boy did he pedal like stink to try and catch up. :lol: Interesting pedaling style as well.

Yep, methinks he realised that Summer was a lady and his tiny ego couldn't bear to sit behind.
Summer, both those vids belong in the Commuter Cup Racing thread. Call it "How to break a tool." :twisted:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:54 pm

biker jk wrote:You're such a Pantani copycat.

Where can I get these? WANT!
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:11 pm

Just Jeans?
Lukeyboy

Postby yugyug » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:46 pm

fat and old wrote::lol: :lol:

Sorry Yug, didn't mean to insinuate you ride blokes. Not that there's anything wrong with that :lol:

Stoopid iphone

No there's nothing wrong with that. :roll: :wink:

What's wrong with you? Yesty you called me selfish because I don't care if you (or anyone else) wears a helmet or not.

My comment to you the day before yesterday by the way didn't really concern your attitude to cyclists wearing helmets or not - I applaud your indifference - but rather your indifference to the MHL.

My point is this: if you, or CX, or anyone, sees a cyclist not wearing a helmet, it has no negative effect on you. Depending on your view of helmet efficacy, you may perceive some kind of diffused collective cost through the public health system for paying for their potentially greater medical costs in the event of an accident (totally debatable), but this is insignificant to the positive effect that a helmet less rider has in making cycling look accessible, easy and doable, and in ameliorating the bizarre perception that casual utility cycling is dangerous. In absence of this perception more people cycle, less people drive, and the roads become safer.

So, I think its ill-considered to criticise a helmet less rider because even if you don’t follow their choice because you think it makes them less safe, it nonetheless contributes to making you more safe.

Likewise, if you only care about your own safety you would be encouraged by the sight of more helmetless riders, because the end result is it makes you safer.

The next step for 'selfish' riders is to support the abolition of the MHL.

But I didn't mean to offend by using the term 'selfish' - actually I think everyone and everything are absolutely selfish, but just the nature of selfishness is highly complex, even in animals, more so in humans, and can be extended to actions which strengthen group protection.
Last edited by yugyug on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
yugyug

Postby yugyug » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:05 pm

CXCommuter wrote:

Didn't ya recognise me chasing after ya for calling me a w##ker on the interwebz CX? :lol:

Is it because I camouflaged myself by wearing a helmet? 8)
yugyug

Postby CXCommuter » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:11 pm

yugyug wrote:
fat and old wrote::lol: :lol:

Stoopid iphone

No there's nothing wrong with that. :roll: :wink:

What's wrong with you? Yesty you called me selfish because I don't care if you (or anyone else) wears a helmet or not.

My comment to you the day before yesterday by the way didn't really concern your attitude to cyclists wearing helmets or not - I applaud your indifference - but rather your indifference to the MHL.

My point is this: if you, or CX, or anyone, sees a cyclist not wearing a helmet, it has no negative effect on you. Depending in your view of helmet efficacy, you may perceive some kind of diffused collective cost through the public health system for paying for their potentially greater medical costs in the event of an accident (totally debatable), but this is insignificant to the positive effect that a helmet less rider has in making cycling look accessible, easy and doable, and in ameliorating the bizarre perception that casual utility cycling is dangerous. In absence of this perception more people cycle, less people drive, and the roads become safer.

So, I think its ill-considered to criticise a helmet less rider because even if you don’t follow their choice because you think it makes them less safe, it nonetheless contributes to making you more safe.

Likewise, if you only care about your own safety you would be encouraged by the sight of more helmetless riders, because the end result is it makes you safer.

The next step for 'selfish' riders is to support the abolition of the MHL.

But I didn't mean to offend by using the term 'selfish' - actually I think everyone and everything are absolutely selfish, but just the nature of selfishness is highly complex, even in animals, more so in humans, and can be extended to actions which strengthen group protection.

The point of my original posting of the cyclist was the combination of silly things being down together that made him special and warranted a mention in this thread- If I passed him and only observed a guy riding to work sans helmet (which is a regular enough occurence) but not texting and weaving on a narrow relatively dangerous rat run road I would have ignored him.
CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:15 pm

yugyug wrote:
CXCommuter wrote:

Didn't ya recognise me chasing after ya for calling me a w##ker on the interwebz CX? :lol:

Is it because I camouflaged myself by wearing a helmet? 8)

The camoflauge kinda worked but you need to work on your climbing skills- I did lose you pretty quickly. Like most members of the male species I am quite capable taking care of matters by myself :oops:
CXCommuter

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion