90 km is a bloody long way :)

uncle arthur

90 km is a bloody long way :)

Postby uncle arthur » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:54 pm

But MountGower showed me his '3 Cities' ride this morning - Brisbane to Logan to Redland back to Brisbane.....

91.6km door back to door.

If I'd let him talk me into Wynnum as part of the Brisbane component, it would have been closer to the 105 mark.
What is it with cycling? 30+ kmh and lycra???!!!

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:06 pm

Congratulations Uncle Authur, before you know it, you will have to change the title of this thread to "90 is a normal weekend ride"
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:12 am

Well done. What bike did you do this on? Good luck on going the little bit extra to make that century.

Andrew

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:17 am

Well done Arfur - you're right, that is a long way. :wink:

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 am

Error. This post can no longer be displayed.
Last edited by MountGower on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Halfanewb

Postby Halfanewb » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:38 pm

sounds like a good ride lucky bastids !!! me= /envious

i hear ya on the ride info Dean , man i was unhappy with my fitness that ride we went on mate.

Mrs explained it later ofcourse once i talked about feeling really congested,, it was the dang wetlands area pollinating - couldn't get a clear lungfull till we got back across into petrie .

I'm looking forward to doing it again ,, i feel i did myself no justice .. and i'm a glutton for punishment :)

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:20 pm

Error. This post can no longer be displayed.
Last edited by MountGower on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sandman

Postby sandman » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:03 pm

You guys are pretty inspiring, everyone is willing to have a go and just push that little bit harder. 4 months ago I was flogging around on an old Repco Mountain Bike that was as aerodynamic as a housebrick however it did teach me to push hard on the pedals.

I rode 110km yesterday and another 110km today. I absolutely reckon this is my limit currently however I'm always interested in going that little bit further.

I'm 44, never smoked and dont really drink so this riding stuff is jsut awesome. Yes there are riders out there that would eat me alive however I'm doing it for personal fun. When it stops being fun, I go home and do something else.

Cheers..Pete

uncle arthur

Postby uncle arthur » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:47 pm

MountGower wrote:
Readers should note. There was bugger all drafting on the day. This was an honest as the day is long 100% increase in one morning effort by a very fit bloke who will blowing me away early next year without a doubt.

Uncle Arthur is 38, has no tickets on himself, is happy to tell you what he knows and is keen to know more. This just about describes every member of this forum and it was a pleasure to meet you (all) yesterday.
Thanks MG - it was a damn good ride - I must say..... slept like a log last night after a big day of house chores (following the big morning effort)... :D

So I thought 90 km was a long way... today at the gym the guy who trains our triathlon group told us he road up to Noosa last week - from Brisbane - the back way. :shock: That's easily a good 2.5 hr drive at highway speed :shock: :?
What is it with cycling? 30+ kmh and lycra???!!!