Video Camera who uses one?

PiratePete

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Postby PiratePete » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:23 pm

biker jk wrote:I have a support ticket with Cycliq and yesterday sent Andrew Hagen a photo of the puck on the mount. Not sure why they requested a photo since the two Cyliq Wahoo pucks (I bought two Duo mounts) both didn't fit. I read about another Duo Mount purchaser who had the same problem with the Wahoo puck (mentioned a month ago) and had to use a dremel and sandpaper to get it to work but he says it's still tight. I wonder whether Cycliq tested Tate Labs' Wahoo puck?
How did this pan out?

I just purchased a Wahoo Elemnt, and both my pre-production and Kickstarter funded Duomount's Wahoo puck fit nicely. No modification required.
2015 Specialized Diverge Carbon Expert
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:12 pm

PiratePete wrote:
biker jk wrote:I have a support ticket with Cycliq and yesterday sent Andrew Hagen a photo of the puck on the mount. Not sure why they requested a photo since the two Cyliq Wahoo pucks (I bought two Duo mounts) both didn't fit. I read about another Duo Mount purchaser who had the same problem with the Wahoo puck (mentioned a month ago) and had to use a dremel and sandpaper to get it to work but he says it's still tight. I wonder whether Cycliq tested Tate Labs' Wahoo puck?
How did this pan out?

I just purchased a Wahoo Elemnt, and both my pre-production and Kickstarter funded Duomount's Wahoo puck fit nicely. No modification required.
There was a batch of incorrectly sized Wahoo Elemnt pucks. I was sent replacement pucks which fit fine.

I now have some concern with the Duo camera mount as it's nowhere near as tight as the mounts which came with the Fly12. Moreover, the mounting screw that comes with the DuoMount also doesn't have a metal section after the plastic handle like the screw that came with the Fly12 mounts so can't be tightened as much.

Cycliq

Postby Cycliq » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:02 am

Biker jk - the mounting screw or quick bolt as we like to call it, it designed specifically that way so you can actually tighten it to as much torque as your fingers can muster. In fact, we have given the design much thought. Perhaps you will notice it takes less turns to tighten up or remove your Fly12 now? This addresses comments from our customers hopefully showing that we do listen and we do care.

I trust you are also enjoying the ease of installation with the hex bolt install from the top, the rock solid fit, the sleek design and the only mount that uses 7075 grade aluminium?

Ride safe,
Andrew

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:39 am

Cycliq wrote:Biker jk - the mounting screw or quick bolt as we like to call it, it designed specifically that way so you can actually tighten it to as much torque as your fingers can muster. In fact, we have given the design much thought. Perhaps you will notice it takes less turns to tighten up or remove your Fly12 now? This addresses comments from our customers hopefully showing that we do listen and we do care.

I trust you are also enjoying the ease of installation with the hex bolt install from the top, the rock solid fit, the sleek design and the only mount that uses 7075 grade aluminium?

Ride safe,
Andrew
Hi Andrew

Yes I do like those features. But the camera mount is not as tight as the mount that came with the Fly12. As such, even if I use significant torque on the screw the camera has moved on every ride and I've had to re-tighten. There was no movement using the Fly12 mount but there is with the Duo mount.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:31 am

Anyone wants Fly12 or Fly6 on special. Pushys are selling it with 10% discount. Fly12 (AT)$359.10, Fly6 (AT)$161.99.
Use code " winter10 ". This code includes other lights. Expires on 16th at 11pm.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

clint66

Postby clint66 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:16 pm

biker jk wrote:
PiratePete wrote:
How did this pan out?

There was a batch of incorrectly sized Wahoo Elemnt pucks. I was sent replacement pucks which fit fine.

I now have some concern with the Duo camera mount as it's nowhere near as tight as the mounts which came with the Fly12. Moreover, the mounting screw that comes with the DuoMount also doesn't have a metal section after the plastic handle like the screw that came with the Fly12 mounts so can't be tightened as much.
How did you get the element puck? I got I think one of the first duo mounts off the kickstarter campaign. Mine is very very tight. Did you have to contact cycliq?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:25 pm

clint66 wrote:
How did you get the element puck? I got I think one of the first duo mounts off the kickstarter campaign. Mine is very very tight. Did you have to contact cycliq?
Mine was a January delivery of the kickstarter deal. It wasn't just tight, I couldn't even insert the Elemnt into the puck. No way was I going to try to force it or use a dremel as some have done. I contacted Cycliq and they sent me replacement pucks for the Elemnt and these are fine. It sounds like there are quite a few bad pucks out there but not many customers seem to have complained. Initially I thought I was the only customer with a bad puck but I used Google and found a few others. Then Shane Miller did a YouTube review and he too couldn't insert the Elemnt into the Cycliq Duo Mount puck.

clint66

Postby clint66 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:37 pm

thanks for the reply. I'll contact cycliq

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu May 18, 2017 12:10 pm

oh dear. got a replacement fly6 from cycliq a fortnight ago. it's just failed. i use the same cable to charge my fly12. it still works. will confirm with the official fly6 cable tonight but i may be logging a call with cycliq :(
yes, i have tried formatting the SD card

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu May 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Used the proper fly6 cable and it works perfectly. No idea. But that's good right?

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Fri May 19, 2017 3:18 pm

jasonc wrote:Used the proper fly6 cable and it works perfectly. No idea. But that's good right?
I'm not sure... Dodgy cable? I know some of the spaghetti that covers my bike is looking a bit second hand due to over use.
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 19, 2017 4:05 pm

PiratePete wrote:
jasonc wrote:Used the proper fly6 cable and it works perfectly. No idea. But that's good right?
I'm not sure... Dodgy cable? I know some of the spaghetti that covers my bike is looking a bit second hand due to over use.
a mate had the same issue. told him what I did and his works too. so what is so special about the cycliq cable?

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Sat May 20, 2017 4:32 am

jasonc wrote: a mate had the same issue. told him what I did and his works too. so what is so special about the cycliq cable?
Nothing that I'm aware of. What I have noticed is that different cables have a different shared/sized plastic moulding at the micro USB connector. This has caused me issues with my ELEMNT and the cable not completely seating preventing charge.

Did the charge LED light up with both cables?
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat May 20, 2017 8:07 am

PiratePete wrote:Did the charge LED light up with both cables?
it had before trying it on thursday. 'scott me stuffed.
agree it could be the plastic shape around the connector

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:51 am

Any current feedback on the GoPro copies found on ebay, such as:
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_fro ... a&_sacat=0

Just for using as safety camera, not for entertaining on Youtube.

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:17 am

I suppose I could buy this and if it is rubbish, at least I got some mounts cheap :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-0-WIFI-Wir ... he8vKauEZA

Edit. At this price I know it will be rubbish, but just how rubbishy remains to be seen.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:36 pm

My gen1 Fly6 camera gave 3 loud long shrieking beeps on the weekend group ride after about 2.5 hours of run time. I thought it was the Fly12 up front, it was so loud! This was the "low battery, turning off video and only flashing lights" warning.

When I got home, ~3 hours 15 total ride time, the lights were still flashing but gave me one single battery life beep when I turned it off. Considering the number of battery life dramas many users have had, I'm not unhappy with the life of mine so far.

Has anyone tried running a Fly6 while plugged into a powerbank?
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:12 am

Mububban wrote: Has anyone tried running a Fly6 while plugged into a powerbank?
Haven't tried with a Gen1 but it works with the Gen2.
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:15 pm

OK. Have a Sony HDR-AS20 action cam that I am using on a new water bottle mount. Pic and perspective is pretty good, but there are some vibrations that are evident when watching it back.

Is there a good but cheap (user friendly and by cheap, I mean free) post-processing software that can improve the image ? I'm a real newbie at this, so as long as it's easy to use, then I'm good.

Will be using VIRB to trim it down to a useable size and get rid of the boring stuff.

At the moment, the mount is pretty firm, but there is some ability for it to vibrate relative to the bike - is it recommended to put some firm padding between downtube & camera case to reduce the vibration even more ?

TIA

Michael

darkelf921

Postby darkelf921 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:51 pm

I find cutting up an old tube and laying this between the mount and the bike (regardless of handle bars or elsewhere) really helps with the vibration. It is also free and ecological :)
My YouTube http://goo.gl/UlJrkN Channel

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:51 pm

darkelf921 wrote:I find cutting up an old tube and laying this between the mount and the bike (regardless of handle bars or elsewhere) really helps with the vibration. It is also free and ecological :)
Ta, will try that, as well as bracing it to the frame. 8)

darkelf921

Postby darkelf921 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:52 am

MichaelB wrote:
darkelf921 wrote:I find cutting up an old tube and laying this between the mount and the bike (regardless of handle bars or elsewhere) really helps with the vibration. It is also free and ecological :)
Ta, will try that, as well as bracing it to the frame. 8)
Just use a flat bit of the rubber (from the cut up bike tube) between the mount and the bike. You don't need much at all.
My YouTube http://goo.gl/UlJrkN Channel

tomee

Postby tomee » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:21 am

has anyone tried to mount a Fly6 sideways directly under the saddle?

A_P

Postby A_P » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:03 am

tomee wrote:has anyone tried to mount a Fly6 sideways directly under the saddle?
no, but the internal crash sensor might keep turning the unit off every hour

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:09 pm

Quick check, anything comparable to Fly12 battery life that is IP-rated weatheproof?
Looking for work related capture for minimum 4hrs, extreme heat potential so lower than quoted maximum battery life is expected.

I've got a Fly12 and all the other action cams really seem to be 2-3hr limited without blowing out the cost with oodles of accessories.

I couldn't find any IP rating on Cycliq specs so have asked support. Other products state IP ratings, the "nano protection" means I can't directly compare the feature.