Video Camera who uses one?

trailgumby

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Postby trailgumby » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:16 pm

@ColinMasterOfTheUnicycle :D

GoPro Chesty mount would work really well for you.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Spot on, chest mount would be the first choice.
Cycling is in my BNA

mjd

Postby mjd » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:50 am

Thinking of getting a camera to record some road bike races etc. Which camera offers placement on stem or bars to capture footage ? Contour or Go Pro seem to be the go but just looking at Go Pro seems chunky. Anyone tried the Bullet HD Pro camera ? Thanks in advance with any advice.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 am

ozdavo wrote: I have one of these torch like wide angle cams on order. Will do a small review once I receive it, though there are a couple on YouTube.
Any review on this yet Davo?

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:26 am

Colin, Go Pro also have a helmet or head mount that you could use without wearing a helmet

However I do agree the chest mount is probably a better, more secure arrangement.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Pushy

Postby Pushy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Crawf wrote:
ozdavo wrote: I have one of these torch like wide angle cams on order. Will do a small review once I receive it, though there are a couple on YouTube.
Here you go
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMkfRFkLo28&feature=plcp[/youtube]
Les
06' Giant TCR C1
08' Colnago CLX
07' Apollo Swift

VW Jetta Diesel 5.5l/100km

Marto

Postby Marto » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Pushy wrote:
Crawf wrote:
Here you go
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMkfRFkLo28&feature=plcp[/youtube]
There are also some specs and features of this cam online, such at a www.goodluckbuy.com, where it is available for $67.16:
Features:
- Not software Interpolation, True HD 1280*720/30fps High Resolution Video and Audio record.
- Water resistant: that means weather proof. For outdoor sports use, such as biking, horsing and hunting, it is very important! It can be used even in rain or snow.
- Duralumin shell with Acrylic lens: can work in high temperature, and safe for men. Even fall down, no hurt, as Acrylic has not sharp debris when broken.
- Clear sound record even in waterproof condition.
- Long working time: can work at least 2.5 hours, it is also important for fun.
- Can Work as HD720P PC Camera
- Cycling Record selectable, automatic overwrite from previous file when memory full
- Auto model selectable, record when engine starts, save then stop when engine stops. Total automatically, driving free!
- Can record while charge.
- Extendable up to 16G Micro SD card (not included)
- Hand-free, suitable for use in sports like cycling, riding, hunting, surfing, boating ,Can easily be mounted on helmet, bike, boat, gun, car black box, or anywhere else.
Not sure how it is safe for men, but you might want to look over your current camera to see how it might be unsafe for men.

PA

Postby PA » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:53 pm

I have been trying out a new rear facing camera mount.

Mouse magnet

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:40 pm

PA wrote:I have been trying out a new rear facing camera mount.

That 'anchor' rope doesn't look to comfy.

elStado

Postby elStado » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:10 am

elStado wrote:Played around with a bunch of mounting options today with my GoPro 2. This way is good as it is out of the way and gives a pretty cool perspective. It has around 4mm clearance from the tyre, so should be ok. I'll use it carefully for the first day though and make sure that it isn't coming loose as it could be dangerous if it falls into the tyre. I used the bike handlebar mount with a rolled up 35cm section of inner tube to allow it to fasten in place and reduce vibrations. Looks cool eh?

I took this for a 30km test ride yesterday and it worked surprisingly well. I had to re-adjust and tighten the cam mount as it was pointing up slightly towards the sky after the first section of cobblestone path, but other than that it was pretty good. Interesting POV too as it is mounted right up the front of the bike and shows a wide view. Had some fairly bumpy sections of path and the main mount didn't budge at all. The rubber from the inner-tube also seemed to soak up some of the smaller vibrations. German bike paths might be plentiful, but some of them have downright awful surface quality and really narrow sections.

I'll try to upload a vid later on when I have a better internet connection. I'm still looking for a chest mount which has proven quite difficult. I've been to around 5 different stores that sell GoPro gear and none of them had the chest mount in stock.
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:41 am

Baalzamon wrote:
Mugglechops wrote:
RonK wrote:Has anyone spotted a good price for the wifi bacpac and remote kit? The local price is ridiculous, and most sellers don't have stock anyway.
Daves Motors has it for $101.95 US delivered so under $100 Aus if you use hbf in the coupon code.

About $40 cheaper than egay. Saw one on there for $743 too :shock:
So your using Standard Intl shipping, ewww 2-3 weeks yuck, start doing a group order and Express is same price as Standard :wink:
At the price Mugglechops posted (thanks Mugglechops for the discount code too) wifi bacpac and remote kit was dispatched overnight by USPS First Class International for only $7 US.

It has become pretty much accepted that shipping costs from the US are high, but this goes to show that most US sites way overcharge for shipping. Rip off.

So a big thanks to Dave's Motors for getting it right.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Marto

Postby Marto » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:49 am

NASA Mars rover pre-budget cuts:

Post budget cuts:

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:05 am

Don't know if this is of any use to people here, but IIBuy is having a sale on Sandisk Extreme Class 10 32GB SD card for $29.95 only from 1pm-2pm today. Better price than I've seen for that brand anywhere.

link

Cheers,
Dave
EDIT: Stuffed up the time...
Last edited by Ozkaban on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:56 am

RonK wrote: At the price Mugglechops posted (thanks Mugglechops for the discount code too) wifi bacpac and remote kit was dispatched overnight by USPS First Class International for only $7 US.

It has become pretty much accepted that shipping costs from the US are high, but this goes to show that most US sites way overcharge for shipping. Rip off.

So a big thanks to Dave's Motors for getting it right.
So a group buy I was arranging I ditched it due to $9 per person for 5 of us compared to $7 standard posted and extra posting from here.... Mine order has been fulfilled, now to see how long it takes to get to WA
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Ditto - Ordered last night, spotted I could do with some replacement lenses as a backup after I ordered but emailed and they were able to add this to the order.... dispatched and lets see how it goes. Thanks for sharing the discount code.

Only thing to remember, wipe the memory. Not long into my early morning ride - after setting up everything on a new K-edge, it stopped blinking - Memory Card Full.
Guess I will have to go for another ride to see if the K-edge helps with video quality.
Cycling is in my BNA

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:52 pm

My Contour HD has decided to stop working.

It stopped whilst mounted on the dash of my car so it wasn't like it was being bounced around or in an accident.

I'm not confident that it'll be fixed under warranty as I bought it from the US using a drop ship (?) to bypass Amazon's "Won't sell this to Australia" policy. Or if it is going to be fixed under warranty, that the process will take considerable time.

Riding today without my camera I felt a tad uneasy :(
2012 Oppy A4

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Speaking about Contour Camera's $200 and free delivery from Torpedo 7 http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/VHC ... deo-camera
2012 Oppy A4

wurtulla wabbit

Postby wurtulla wabbit » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:03 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:My Contour HD has decided to stop working.

It stopped whilst mounted on the dash of my car so it wasn't like it was being bounced around or in an accident.

I'm not confident that it'll be fixed under warranty as I bought it from the US using a drop ship (?) to bypass Amazon's "Won't sell this to Australia" policy. Or if it is going to be fixed under warranty, that the process will take considerable time.

Riding today without my camera I felt a tad uneasy :(
What did you pay for it ? You can buy them easily in Oz.
Also, contour are easy to deal with, tell them about it and see what they say.
Mine had poor sound as it wouldn't update firmware no matter what, they sent me a new one, arrived in a week from US .
Good service.

miyata84

Postby miyata84 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:08 pm

I have just bought a Go Pro camera and Kedge mount. The mount is time consuming to transfer between bikes. Has any one tried the Go pro wrist mount?Says it's good for climbing and bushwalking but I was wondering how it would go for cycling with the angle rotation. Must admit feel a bit safer with the camera...and magic shine lights...

wurtulla wabbit

Postby wurtulla wabbit » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:30 am

What is a kedge ?

elStado

Postby elStado » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:05 am

wurtulla wabbit wrote:What is a kedge ?
An after-market brand of mounts for the GoPro cams.
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:49 am

A typical K-Edge mount.

They aren't made from plastic which GoPro mounts are. GoPros are known for fracturing/braking mounts which I can testify too.

wurtulla wabbit

Postby wurtulla wabbit » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Look good kit.

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:They aren't made from plastic which GoPro mounts are. GoPros are known for fracturing/braking mounts which I can testify too.

It only broke as the memory card was full. The extra weight would have pushed it over the edge. Maybe use a smaller memory card in future so it doesn't get so heavy?

:mrgreen:

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:14 pm

The whopping 16gb must have tipped it over the edge :lol:

It broke about 1-2 minutes after it ran out. I was more angry about that then the fact that the camera fell off, opened up and scattered across the intersection haha.