Video Camera who uses one?

outnabike

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Postby outnabike » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Oxford wrote:Contour Roam2, waterproof as is, can use go pro mounts, plus its own. 3.5 hour life etc etc. Also doesn't look dorky mounted on a moto helmet.

Yep water proof is good but the size is not smaller.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Contour-ROAM ... 4897.l4275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dimensions
Depth 3.94 in. = 100 mm
Height 1.34 in. = 34 mm
Width 2.17 in. = 55.1
And around $ 200-00 delivered
The Mobius is $110 with cables and is good for a car dash use as well,as It also recycles over the card, then runs indefinitely. A poor mans cam but dorkineness factor not a lot different to the Mobius. In fact if the dims are correct the ROAM it is a bit larger. :)
And its double the cost of the Mobius as well. No doubt the water proofing battery life of the Roam is great. Any way who said I wasn't a dork? :)
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Oxford wrote:Dimensions are not really a concern when I consider the other features. Does the lens rotate through 270* for those installations where its not quite level, sideways or even upside down? Laser alignment so you know its pointing in the right direction (and the picture is level)? With a 32Gb card not too worried about looping, I can push the format button in the back if I really feel the need to clear the card, though 32Gb holds a lot of video. I like to be able to just pick up the camera, mount it (slides on), slide a big button forward and I know its on, slide it back, its off. Horses for courses, each to their own. No muss, no fuss and no cases.

Yep no doubt you get what you pay for and the cheaper you go the more concessions. Any way it seemed like a good idea at the time.... :) It has more flashing lights than a carnival.

Well I gave it a run for its money and the video is beautiful......But it as a jittery a film as you can get with no stability control at all. After the Sony I may have been spoiled and have too a high an expectation.
I wouldn't recommend it as a rear camera as it will be un-watchable fixed to some thing solid. It just passes as a helmet cam though. And will need correction through a video program to remove some shake to get it perfect.

Techmoans video was a lot better than mine is coming out, that's for sure. I will give it a run in the car as a dash cam and it may be more stable.

I will make a video of me eating my pie..... :)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:00 pm

Ricoh is entering the choppy waters of the action camera market, which is currently dominated by GoPro. The company isn't truly a newcomer into the rugged market, as it has been making rugged cameras for many years. The WG-M1 is a 14MP camera that can dive up to 10m underwater, be dropped from 2m, and function at temperatures as low as -10C - all without a housing. The WG-M1 sports a 14MP CMOS sensor, super-wide lens with a 160° field-of-view, 1.5" LCD, 1080/30p as well as high speed video, and Wi-Fi.

Naturally, mounts for nearly every purpose will be available. They include trigger grips, wrist straps, peg mounts, helmet straps, and handlebar mounts.

The WG-M1 will be available next month in your choice of black or orange at an MSRP of $299.95 / £199.99.
A bit more detail at DPReview.

Andrew

chucknitro

Postby chucknitro » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:27 am

Aushiker wrote:Image

Andrew
I'd need a new bike to match the camera :D
2018 Canyon Endurance SLX DB 9.0 DI

ajmit3

Postby ajmit3 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Summernight wrote:
ajmit3 wrote:Just curious... is there an equivalent of a fly6 as a front camera - in that $180 price point ? The shimano camera looks the goods but its like $330....
Before the Fly12 comes out, the Mobius is quite good (video wise) for what it is, but not sure if there are suitable ready-to-use mounts for it and you also have to make/buy a waterproof casing. With an external battery pack I only need to charge my helmet mounted Jumbo #16 (the Mobius' predecessor) once a week and I get a similar battery time to the fly 6 (my commute is 20 mins each way).
Thanks Summernight... I think I will wait for the updated Fly6 and then just get the 1st gen Fly12. I am actually scared on the roads a few times a year.... Need something to document it. Now if only the police would take me seriously,.. :roll:

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:16 pm

I typed that Richo into google and found a video sample. It was very bad as far as I can see I don't know what they did with all those 14 megapixles.
My mobius beats it hands down as far as a picture goes.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:24 pm

This time around the brand is resonating with a generation whose parents experienced the first boom in analog instant photography. And now the company is trying to sustain that interest with the Cube, an adorably tiny HD action-video camera priced at $99 for kids who can’t afford a GoPro (GPRO), which can cost two to four times as much.

“GoPro has done an incredible job building a new category in the digital imaging space,” says Polaroid Chief Executive Officer Scott Hardy. “But when we look at that market, we think it can be much bigger by not just targeting the professional and amateur and aspirational thrill-seekers but going after more of the lifestyle segments.” The Cube, which goes on sale today, is geared toward people who are more likely to strap a camera to the handlebars of their fixed-wheel bike than to swim with sharks.
Andrew

OldBloke

Postby OldBloke » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:54 pm

Polaroid Cube:

Pity about the up to 90 mins recording time.

Sent from my Vostro1510 using Tapatalk

MickMelb

Postby MickMelb » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:07 pm

Just spotted....JB is selling Sony HDRAS20 for $179 via voucher. This might be the time to upgrade from the trusty Roam2 (doh -all those contour mounts!)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:34 am

GoPro Hero 4 ...
Although GoPro didn’t bring anything new to Photokina 2014, it seems that the GoPro HERO4 was finally announced. Reports say that the HERO4 (Which will be available in two different models) will have new features such as 4k video recording at 30FPS and a built-in touch display. Sadly, these features will only appear on HERO4 Black and not HERO4 Silver.

Source: CamCram Studio

Andrew

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:13 am

Time to upgrade cameras :P

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:54 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Time to upgrade cameras :P
*calls dibs on luke's throwaways*

MickMelb

Postby MickMelb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Contour Roam3 released. Pricing for Aust $299. (US is $199)

They forgot to increase resolution but make big deal of wproof to 30 'feet'. Good luck with that once the seals harden up after a year or two.

As a owner of two Roam2's was was really hoping for higher resolution like new Go Pro or at least the Sony Action Cam.

Oh well - First world problem!

MickMelb

Postby MickMelb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:07 pm

They forgot to increase resolution but make big deal of wproof to 30 'feet'. Good luck with that once the seals harden up after a year or two.

As a owner of two Roam2's was was really hoping for higher resolution like new Go Pro or at least the Sony Action Cam.

MickMelb

Postby MickMelb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:07 pm

MickMelb

Postby MickMelb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:08 pm

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:21 pm

GoPro to Launch a Cheaper, Low-End Action Camera Simply Called the HERO Here It Is reads the headline over at PetaPixel.com.

While the GoPro HERO4 Black and Silver editions feature 4K/30 video and a touch display, respectively, the HERO will be a low-end camera that doesn’t offer either of those features (nor will it have wireless connectivity through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth).

Instead, it offers high-quality 1080p30 and 720p60 video capture with some of the other new HERO4 sprinkled in (video will be limited to those two resolutions and frame rates).

The QuikCapture feature allows you to power on the camera and begin recording with a single press of a button, allowing you to react to situations and capture them without having to fumble around with your camera.
Andrew

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:34 pm

2.5 hour battery life

bring on the fly 12

herzog

Postby herzog » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:14 pm

2.5 hours is pretty good for a full blown action camera

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:28 pm

jasonc wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:Time to upgrade cameras :P
*calls dibs on luke's throwaways*
Mate i don't throw anything away :P

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:09 pm

http://shop.gopro.com/APAC/cameras/hero ... aster.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HERO4 Black

2x the performance, yet again. Simply the best.
Features 4K30, 2.7K50 and 1080p120 video, 12MP photos up to 30 frames per second, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®, and Protune™ for photos and video. Waterproof to 131’ (40m).

A$639.00

COMING SOON

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:25 pm

MickMelb wrote:Just spotted....JB is selling Sony HDRAS20 for $179 via voucher. This might be the time to upgrade from the trusty Roam2 (doh -all those contour mounts!)
Thanks for the heads up, grabbing one tomorrow!
Lukeyboy wrote:http://shop.gopro.com/APAC/cameras/hero ... aster.html
HERO4 Black

2x the performance, yet again. Simply the best.
Features 4K30, 2.7K50 and 1080p120 video, 12MP photos up to 30 frames per second, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®, and Protune™ for photos and video. Waterproof to 131’ (40m).

A$639.00

COMING SOON
Wouldn't be worth more than four fifty, depending on condition.

Dr_Mutley

Video Camera who uses one?

Postby Dr_Mutley » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:45 am

Very disappointed with my Fly6 yesterday. Had a near miss, nearly getting hit from behind by a speeding car. At the last second I heard it coming and bailed into the gutter just missing having my head stuck through its windscreen. As it was nearing the end of my ride (2 1/2hrs) I quickly checked my fly6 to make sure it was still recording. The previous ride, for some unexplained reason the fly6 went flat after a full charge and only 90mins into my ride, so I was happy to see this time it was "recording" and would've caught my near hit n run experience...

That night I checked the footage so I could head off to the local police, and all I had was a full SD card, with old rides, 2 rides that were time stamped into the future (17 & 22 October 2014!) and a corrupt avi file of my ride that day. When I re-indexed the corrupt file it only contained some footage of the first 30mins of my ride.

The rest of the card just contains a mess of files that contain nothing... Very disappointing...

I will format the SD Card and try again... Although I have diminishing faith in the reliability of my Fly6...

Cycliq

Postby Cycliq » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi Dr Mutley - it does sound like your microSD card has got some bad sectors causing multiple errors. I've lifted the FAQ from our site that will work with this issue:

If the problem still persists, the microSD card might require a re-format. We suggest using SD Formatter's 'Overwrite' method as it cleans out most issues. It is free and downloadable for Windows and Mac - (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Not sure if you are using the supplied card or a third party card but it pays to regularly check to see that they are functioning correctly. If you (or anyone else reading this) use a different microSD card than the one supplied, we recommend you use a Class 10 card from a reputable supplier. We do hear of many problems with cheap/fake cards or even cards that are Class 4 or 6.

Feel free to contact us directly at info@fly-lites.com if you continue to have issues.

Regards, Andrew Hagen, CEO

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:47 pm

I replaced the microSD card with a sandisk 32gb class 10 in my fly6 recently. i got 5 hours and 10 minutes of video today.