Video Camera who uses one?

jasonc

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Postby jasonc » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:17 am

AUbicycles wrote:
herzog wrote:Just to clarify, the existing model will do that too. There is no requirement to fiddle with the sd card.
On a Mac device that isn't really a computer but tries to be but looks really cool, the original fly6 doesn't mount, but it will charge.
FTFY :mrgreen:

herzog

Video Camera who uses one?

Postby herzog » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:18 am

I use macs exclusively at home and it mounts fine.

Is your old fly6 a pre production prototype?

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:22 am

AUbicycles wrote:
herzog wrote:Just to clarify, the existing model will do that too. There is no requirement to fiddle with the sd card.
On a Mac, the original fly6 doesn't mount, but it will charge.
It mounts for me on my Mac. I've found I just have to turn it (the Fly6) on and wait a bit.

cp123

Postby cp123 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:53 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Fly6 have a discounted pre-order price of $199 (USD) for the new Fly6. Key differences is that it is smaller in height and the lights are brighter.
The pre-order deal ends on Sunday and the regular price will go to ca. $250

AUBicycles and Fly folk - I went to your website to order one, and it was $225 plus another $15 for postage - a total of $240. Is that right?

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:05 pm

cp123 wrote:
AUbicycles wrote:Fly6 have a discounted pre-order price of $199 (USD) for the new Fly6. Key differences is that it is smaller in height and the lights are brighter.
The pre-order deal ends on Sunday and the regular price will go to ca. $250

AUBicycles and Fly folk - I went to your website to order one, and it was $225 plus another $15 for postage - a total of $240. Is that right?
$199 is in US dollars...exchange rate is not as good as it once was
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

herzog

Postby herzog » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:05 pm

Sounds about right at the current exchange rate.

reefer

Postby reefer » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:22 pm

I am interested in the new Fly6, but I want to see that the SD card is not near the USB charging port.

My only gripe about my Gen 1 Fly6 is that it is too easy to nudge the SD card when inserting the USB cable for charging. It has happened to me twice in the time I have had it and was only discovered when I went to review the footage, which I do monthly or so.

So, has anyone seen the new camera, I watched a few "reviews" which were, well, crap, just regurgitating the sales pitch on the Fly6 website.

cp123

Postby cp123 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:14 pm

aaaaah - American dollars! okay - gotcha. Didn't realise that. :oops:

Cycliq

Postby Cycliq » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:30 pm

reefer wrote:I am interested in the new Fly6, but I want to see that the SD card is not near the USB charging port.

My only gripe about my Gen 1 Fly6 is that it is too easy to nudge the SD card when inserting the USB cable for charging. It has happened to me twice in the time I have had it and was only discovered when I went to review the footage, which I do monthly or so.

So, has anyone seen the new camera, I watched a few "reviews" which were, well, crap, just regurgitating the sales pitch on the Fly6 website.
Hi Reefer...send us an email with what you are after to info@fly-lites.com and we will help out if we can.

Cheers
Andrew Hagen, CEO

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:26 pm

On the original fly6, I am using a standard production version.

On the new fly 6, standard production version I recently receive one and am running my tests - aiming to start with an announcement although just sent through a question and am after clarification / info.

The initial info I will share:
- Lights appear brighter, they are suited for me although some people prefer super super bright rear lights.
- The Video quality is clearer - but I need to test and compare on the road to provide a genuine judgement
- The reduced height is nice, but it is slightly heaver (I will weigh) and remains chunky in the body
- The SD card slot and USB port are more elegant.

And a few more details - audio is louder, button tactile feedback is nice and there are more straps.

Cycling is in my BNA

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:28 pm

AUbicycles wrote:The SD card slot and USB port are more elegant.
Can you take a photo of this? I've also bumped the USB card (but now check it every time when re-inserting the rubber cover

reefer

Postby reefer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:39 pm

Fly6 wrote:Hi Reefer...send us an email with what you are after to info@fly-lites.com and we will help out if we can.

Cheers
Andrew Hagen, CEO
Email Sent :)

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Sure Jasonc. This is a little harder to open than the original as it fits quite flush, but is nice and secure. The micro USB cable port is at the bottom with the micro SD card slot above. The Micro SD Card itself also sits further down than with the original fly6. You need your fingernail to press down and release it.

Cycling is in my BNA

r2160

Postby r2160 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Is it possible to perhaps get a video of the light functioning on this? I like the idea a lot, but while I appreciate the difficulty combining a light with a camera, I am hoping that the new version has a brighter, better light

cheers
Glenn
-----------
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" Lance Armstrong

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:14 pm

that's much better. i'm not going to upgrade though. mine works well

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Ok, I will make a video of the lights.
Cycling is in my BNA

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:42 am

New camera/garmin mount from K-Edge ... One less bracket on the handle bars

“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Arh ha... is it a two part aluminium mount. Would to know if you get any up/down movement.
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Should clarify my question, I can see how the camera fits to the 'screw in' arm and how this then connects/pivots with the bolt. This vertical part, is this one-piece or is it bolted to the garmin mount?
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:28 pm

As requested, here is a video with the light sequence.

2 flashing and one steady. Each can be dimmed; bright, medium, low, off
The rotating LED's continue permanently while the camera is recording.
Cycling is in my BNA

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:13 am

AUbicycles wrote:Should clarify my question, I can see how the camera fits to the 'screw in' arm and how this then connects/pivots with the bolt. This vertical part, is this one-piece or is it bolted to the garmin mount?
There is a Go Pro adapter that screws under the garmin mount and then I have the vertical adapter to mount the Sony Camera....A GoPro would mount a lot better and cleaner...I haven't noticed a lot of movement but haven't downloaded the weekends footage yet(I do run the camera with stabilisation on)..It is better than the Sony Mount....I also bought the Garmin and GoPro mount together as a single unit but the you can buy the gopro adapter separate,...I could only find it on the K Edge web site...no one else seems to have it yet

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:15 am

cancan64 wrote:I also bought the Garmin and GoPro mount together as a single unit but the you can buy the gopro adapter separate,...I could only find it on the K Edge web site...no one else seems to have it yet
it hasn't been out for very long

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:03 am

Here is a comparison between the new K-Edge mount and the Sony mount....There is movement with both mounts, the K-Edge mount is on carbon bars and the Sony mount is on Alloy bars in case that makes any difference....Also one of the local pubs burnt down on Saturday so I put some footage of whats left on the end..although not the best angle

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Busy time for Fly6 who today publicly launch and announce the new brand Cycliq. Fly6 is a cycliq product so good news for forum members speculating on new product directions (Fly12! as named in this forum)

The Australian distributer, Jet Black has been named and it means that the camera's will also shortly be available in local bike shops for $275 (RRP)
Cycling is in my BNA

spirro

Postby spirro » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:35 pm

jasonc wrote:
spirro wrote:My saddle bag takes up all my seat post
get a smaller saddle bag

I got a lezyne medium saddle bag and it's half the size of the topeak one I have on the other bike (yet still holds 2 tubes, 2 co2s, co2 dispensor, and multi tool)
OK Jason I took your recommendation and purchased a Lezyne M-Caddy saddle bag. How the hell did you fit all that stuff in there? I've squeezed two tubes in but there is no room for anything else.
Focus Cayo Evo 2.0 2014