Video Camera who uses one?

caneye

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Postby caneye » Wed May 25, 2016 12:20 pm

itsDank - wishing you a speedy recovery. that looked really nasty!!

some positive publicity for Cycliq. keep up the good work guys:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innov ... 33e1316cf9

cp123

Postby cp123 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:13 pm

hey dank - that's rank! 8)

heal well dude. that's gotta hurt! :shock:

ItsDank

Postby ItsDank » Wed May 25, 2016 7:04 pm

Xplora wrote:
ItsDank wrote:
PiratePete wrote:Ouch! Could have been so much worse so easily...

No mention of the bike? Is it OK? :D
Thanks guys, just need new bars, wheels and helmet. Once the skin seals I'll be back in zwift for six weeks and then I'll win Paris Roubaix :p
Saw this - very nasty. Looked like you lost traction with ripples in the tarmac on the entry so you can't go around the corner in time, fortune favours the brave and I honestly didn't feel you did anything wrong except get unlucky. Do you wear glasses? I've found prescription RX dramatically helps my ability to pick lines through poor surfaces.

Heal up, and get back onto that descent ASAP to give it another couple cracks. Don't get off the horse :)
New bike frame, it's fine though!

I wear Jawbreakers with the Prizm lens, it's pretty decent but it'll never help me if I can't see the exit to the corner and was going to fast on the entry. I'll def have another crack at the descent when I get back on the horse, I'm keen to climb that hill in one piece. The only thing holding me back from the bike is the lack of skin, still can't shower properly unfortunately. Give it another 10 days I reckon.

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Wed May 25, 2016 8:32 pm

caneye wrote:some positive publicity for Cycliq. keep up the good work guys:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innov ... 33e1316cf9
I love the compilation video!
2015 Specialized Diverge Carbon Expert
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed May 25, 2016 10:09 pm

Xplora wrote:Do you wear glasses? I've found prescription RX dramatically helps my ability to pick lines through poor surfaces.
Funny you mention that. We have a product review in the works on that subject for BNA using Transitions lenses in Oakley Flak 2.0 frames. It definitely improves my ability to pick lines on trails in all light conditions, including at night. It can only help on the road as well. Will have more to say once I've had a few more weeks with them on the road.

That said, the way itsDank came into that corner it was always going to be an exercise in damage mitigation. :oops:

@ItsDank, glad to hear you're continuing to progress well. :)

ItsDank

Postby ItsDank » Sat May 28, 2016 5:44 pm

trailgumby wrote:
Xplora wrote:Do you wear glasses? I've found prescription RX dramatically helps my ability to pick lines through poor surfaces.
Funny you mention that. We have a product review in the works on that subject for BNA using Transitions lenses in Oakley Flak 2.0 frames. It definitely improves my ability to pick lines on trails in all light conditions, including at night. It can only help on the road as well. Will have more to say once I've had a few more weeks with them on the road.

That said, the way itsDank came into that corner it was always going to be an exercise in damage mitigation. :oops:

Yup, glasses can't wash off an additional 20km/hr that you've brought into a downhill corner. Getting the stitches out Monday and then I'm back on the bike!

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat May 28, 2016 5:46 pm

ItsDank wrote:Yup, glasses can't wash off an additional 20km/hr that you've brought into a downhill corner. Getting the stitches out Monday and then I'm back on the bike!
Awsum! :D

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon May 30, 2016 7:38 pm

ItsDank wrote:
trailgumby wrote:

Yup, glasses can't wash off an additional 20km/hr that you've brought into a downhill corner. Getting the stitches out Monday and then I'm back on the bike!
Yep only brakes will fix that one... I couldn't tell but it looked like you were on crap surface on your line. I've only done the same thing once down the west side of Blue Gum (Annangrove) and to say it was anything less than brown pants is understating it. No traction means no braking.

Great to hear the stitches are out!

myforwik

Postby myforwik » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:42 pm

Had a bad run with mobius, first one fell off and was run over and completely destroy.

Then I crash after hitting a pot hole and scraped the lens to buggery.

So two useless mobius.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:19 am

is there an ETA on the Android version of the app for the Fly12?

I want to be able to cut down the number of lighting options so I can dial the light up and down without having to pull over to the side of the road :)

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:50 pm

myforwik wrote:Had a bad run with mobius, first one fell off and was run over and completely destroy.

Then I crash after hitting a pot hole and scraped the lens to buggery.

So two useless mobius.
It's a good thing that they're cheap... Can you tether the camera so if you have another mounting failure you save the camera? I had a Rideye go down the road a while back, dents all over it but the lens wasn't touched.. Lucky really. My Fly12's are tethered, but with a metal to metal mount I's be surprised to have a failure.

Hopefully you weren't hurt when you came off?
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

mmc22

Postby mmc22 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:12 am

Raced yesterday and took this footage.

Used this camera.
Just about the cheapest camera I could find (ebay $7) strapped to the underside of my stem with electrical tape. Overlayed with my .fit info from the 510 using the Virb software. Came out good enough for a bit of interest's sake to see what was going on during the race.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:30 am

Interesting! And a neat little camera.

I noticed that on the right hand corners you hung wide and to the left a lot of the time. This is a closed course, right? You could have held a lot more cornering speed if you'd cut closer to the the apex and used the camber as banking. Something to file away for next time. :)

mmc22

Postby mmc22 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:51 am

yeah that's what i record it for... just little tips to go through like that. A few times i'd swing wide to let the next guy roll through, but there wasn't much motivation to chase. Very windy so not many keen to take a decent turn.

ItsDank

Postby ItsDank » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:22 pm

mmc22 wrote:Raced yesterday and took this footage.

Used this camera.
Pretty decent footage. I miss Nundah crit so much; especially the end of race sprint pain on that never ending straight!

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:22 pm

ItsDank wrote:Pretty decent footage. I miss Nundah crit so much; especially the end of race sprint pain on that never ending straight!
Completely off topic, but are you back on the bike yet?
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

ItsDank

Postby ItsDank » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:19 pm

PiratePete wrote:
ItsDank wrote:Pretty decent footage. I miss Nundah crit so much; especially the end of race sprint pain on that never ending straight!
Completely off topic, but are you back on the bike yet?
Yeah had my first ride Friday but my elbow doesn't like the pull of the front brake, muscles missing from the elbow from the crash or just surgical bruising. Without a strong front brake I've been back on Zwift, 8 Zwift rides to 1 outdoor in the past week and a bit.
https://www.strava.com/athletes/5889992/training/log

It's a bit sad but I think I'll benefit from it long term. Actually putting harder efforts in on Zwift because I'm not getting dropped by club mates if I blow up in the virtual world!

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:33 pm

Drafting A grade to chase the breakaway back. Naughty naughty :P

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:25 pm

anyone ever pulled apart a fly6 to replace the degrading battery?

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:26 pm

jasonc wrote:anyone ever pulled apart a fly6 to replace the degrading battery?
No. But I`d be interested in how did you go if you try it.

ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:36 pm

jasonc wrote:anyone ever pulled apart a fly6 to replace the degrading battery?
Hey, thanks Jason!

I've been meaning to get around to investigating this for a while now as I have a dead one here. The rubber bungs just pullout, 4 phillips screws, off comes the red plastic with a PCB, three black phillip screws and a bit of wiggling off comes the main PCB, unplug the battery and two more screws and the battery is free. Took me almost 3 minutes.

Let me know when you identify the battery, I believe that you might be able to source a higher mAh replacement. Stock is a 2600mAh.
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:50 pm

PiratePete wrote: Let me know when you identify the battery, I believe that you might be able to source a higher mAh replacement. Stock is a 2600mAh.
The battery looks like the 18650 type. Don`t know if higher mAh might get extra mins run time.

As you`ve got battery out, see what the ends are and compare to pics in google. Maybe get up to 3700mAh for more run time.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:12 pm

I've got a spare lezeyne battery or two that you could try. Can't remember the mAh of them. Will look tomorrow.
Edit: Is the standard battery a protected one?

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:54 am

I suspect it's protected as I've been told they have an 'internal fuse.' I will post a photo of the battery when I have time (just about to head off for the Brissie to Bay), it may need to be cracked open as it has wires with a connector to attach to the PCB, rather than +/- buttons like most. It does appear to be a 18650.
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:54 am

18650 = 18 mm by 65 mm.